1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum indexing

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by vexx, Mar 30, 2013.

1. vexx

vexx Active Member

I'm recently made a WP + XF website. The site has 2 weeks since it went live. However, I'm seeing that Google indexed the front (Wordpress) very fast and easy and the forum has only 2 pages indexed..after 2 weeks. I've added the site to Webmaster Tools...tested if Google Bot has some problems crawling..added a robots.txt file etc...all is in order. However, Google is still not indexing the forums section of the website. I'm now looking for a sitemap generator for XF (haven't been lucky so far) but this is my last idea.

Any ideas why is this happening?

For reference..site is www.site.com...the forums are www.site.com/forums/
  2. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

I use XenUtiles if you're looking for a sitemap.
    vexx likes this.
  3. vexx

vexx Active Member

tnx alot..i'll try it out
  4. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

I have no proof of this, but my gut feeling is that google assigns various weights to the type of software formats.

A forum which is not very busy and not well linked both in and out...and has not been up for a long time...is not likely to be indexed well. But a WP installation can be!

Some of this make sense. Most WP installations contain blog posts, news stories, articles and other more stable and long-lasting content, while forums move quickly. So goog may have some "weightings" on these.

I am going to watch this long-term with my new drone site! One way I am working it is this. Each full article or blog post in the WP has a continuation thread in the forums. So, right away, each good article links both in and out of the forum.

My forum is also brand new, while I took over an abandoned WP blog. So there was at least a bit of mojo in the WP installation, but zero in the forum.