forum icon

?
Not very precise on what you are asking. Is it the ability to specify specific icons (png/jpg/FA) for each node in the ACP?
If so, I can see where that would be helpful for some... but you can do the same thing now via EXTRA.less}.

Or with several AddOns, see my signature.
yeah.... but some of us try to avoid add-on bloat. I've seen upwards of new admins install anywhere between 50-80 add-ons, and then have issues and it's a bear to figure out which one it is that may be having negative interactions with another, or a style. Then you have the fact that you can have issues trying to do a mass disable of a large number of add-ons if you are having problems.

it is exactly what I was looking for, but it is absurd that it is not already integrated. Heartfelt thanks for your free resource.
A simple little search turned up this EXTRA.less from back in 2020 using FA icons for the nodes (you can define different ones). I don't know if this still works or not, as I don't have a "test site" set up... Just tested on my default style... and the below modified example gave the image you see.

Code:
.node--idxx .node-icon i:before {
    content: "\fxxx";
}

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 6.23.41 PM.png

And if you want to use custom PNG's, this might work.... you may have to tweak it. I haven't tested this, but it's a subset of the above that worked on my default style using FA icons.

Code:
*/removes FA icon from displaying */
.node .node-icon i { display: none; }
/* Assign custom image to individual node */
.node--idxx .node-icon {
background-image: url('images/unread.png');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center;
}

.node--idxx .node--forum.node--read .node-icon {
background-image: url('images/read.png');
}
You get the node idxx by looking in your ACP and go to the Forums -> Nodes and then place your mouse over the node you want and you should see in the bottom left of your browser similar to this

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 5.41.03 PM.png

notice the .14 in the URL... that node ID is 14. If your browser does not show that when hovering over it, you can always go into the node itself and you will see the Node ID in the address bar.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 5.41.19 PM.png[/code]

I would suggest if doing the above, and you have many nodes... creating a new template and put them all in there and then call the new template from your EXTRA.less using the following syntax
Code:
{{ include('aw_prefixes.less') }}
where you replace aw_prefixes.less with your template you created.

Last edited:
One Addition. If you use an own less Template - what I would recommend on this - don't put the include in the extra.less, the extra.less is loaded on every page. Put it into the last row of the node_list.less to prevent loading this on unneccesary pages.

The only reason I said EXTRA.less is it doesn't normally get touched during an upgrade. Other templates do, and you have to be familiar (and comfortable) with using the merge function.

yeah.... but some of us try to avoid add-on bloat. I've seen upwards of new admins install anywhere between 50-80 add-ons, and then have issues and it's a bear to figure out which one it is that may be having negative interactions with another, or a style. Then you have the fact that you can have issues trying to do a mass disable of a large number of add-ons if you are having problems.

A simple little search turned up this EXTRA.less from back in 2020 using FA icons for the nodes (you can define different ones). I don't know if this still works or not, as I don't have a "test site" set up... Just tested on my default style... and the below modified example gave the image you see.

Code:
.node--idxx .node-icon i:before {
    content: "\fxxx";
}

View attachment 274231

And if you want to use custom PNG's, this might work.... you may have to tweak it. I haven't tested this, but it's a subset of the above that worked on my default style using FA icons.

Code:
*/removes FA icon from displaying */
.node .node-icon i { display: none; }
/* Assign custom image to individual node */
.node--idxx .node-icon {
background-image: url('images/unread.png');
}

.node--idxx .node--forum.node--read .node-icon {
background-image: url('images/read.png');
}
You get the node idxx by looking in your ACP and go to the Forums -> Nodes and then place your mouse over the node you want and you should see in the bottom left of your browser similar to this

View attachment 274228

notice the .14 in the URL... that node ID is 14. If your browser does not show that when hovering over it, you can always go into the node itself and you will see the Node ID in the address bar.

View attachment 274229[/code]

I would suggest if doing the above, and you have many nodes... creating a new template and put them all in there and then call the new template from your EXTRA.less using the following syntax
Code:
{{ include('aw_prefixes.less') }}
where you replace aw_prefixes.less with your template you created.
first of all, thank you very much. your answer is great. I am a recent customer, and I currently have 2 active plugins. For the moment I choose the plugin, because it works well, I also have themehouse NODES integrated into the themehouse theme so I don't need to install the plugin mentioned above (icon forum) in the future I consider both solutions. thanks to all friends!
@Tracy Perry @Hoffi

Top Bottom