XF 2.0 Forum home won't show you as logged

murdercode

Hi,
after domain change (from root example.com to subdomain forum.example.com) there's something as a cache problem with the homepage.
If I go into every forum or thread there's no problem, but when I go into forum home everything seems to be... cached (no data user in the navbar).
No errors in the server log, no errors in the browser console.
I'm currently use Redis and I already tried to flush its cache, without success.
There's a reverse proxy (Cloudflare) and when I bypass it through directly connection it's ok: after all, when I go to dev (without performance, cache etc...) nothing seems resolve the problem.
Have you any idea about escaping from this situation or where to start for investigate?
Best regards,

You mention Cloudflare, though at this time, I'm looking at your licensed URL and not seeing CF. I am seeing Sucuri though, with an X-Sucuri-Cache header. Right now it's saying MISS, but if it ever triggers a HIT, that's almost certainly the cause.

In general, you don't want to do any sort of caching of non-static resources at the reverse proxy (or web server) level. That will cause this behavior.

You mention Cloudflare, though at this time, I'm looking at your licensed URL and not seeing CF. I am seeing Sucuri though, with an X-Sucuri-Cache header. Right now it's saying MISS, but if it ever triggers a HIT, that's almost certainly the cause.

In general, you don't want to do any sort of caching of non-static resources at the reverse proxy (or web server) level. That will cause this behavior.
This is because I used my other account. The another license is associated to this account (sorry for the mistake).

So I see "X-Cache: HIT" headers in your response. Note that this is not necessarily CloudFlare -- in some cases, I've seen CF-Cache-Status headers, but on your main page I'm not. Indeed, I can actually see examples where CF-Cache-Status says hit, but X-Cache says miss, which indicates that there are probably two levels of caching involved.

X-Cache isn't inherently tied to a specific type of caching proxy, but you may need to look at your configuration at a step closer than CloudFlare. Examples of things to look at would be something like Varnish.

So I see "X-Cache: HIT" headers in your response. Note that this is not necessarily CloudFlare -- in some cases, I've seen CF-Cache-Status headers, but on your main page I'm not. Indeed, I can actually see examples where CF-Cache-Status says hit, but X-Cache says miss, which indicates that there are probably two levels of caching involved.

X-Cache isn't inherently tied to a specific type of caching proxy, but you may need to look at your configuration at a step closer than CloudFlare. Examples of things to look at would be something like Varnish.
Disabling Varnish will not have effects. BTW there's a strange thing: widgets in the sidebar are updated, so now I don't thing the page is cached. Maybe something regards a template caching?

Top Bottom