XF 1.5 Forum goes crazy!?

dutchbb

Suddenly I get emails from members because they received a conversation from me that I did not send, it is an old PM I send in vB and was imported as conversation. I'm not sure but it seems it's being send to multiple members. I don't know what's going on, but the whole system seems to go crazy. People end up being added together in this conversation.

Can you please tell me how to stop this, I did nothing to cause this it just started? I hope someone can give advice on what to do first and find out the cause.

I have responded to your ticket.

For future reference, please don't simultaneously submit a thread and ticket for the same issue as it can result in duplication of effort.

Sorry I know, but I'm panicking here. It's become completely corrupt as you said in the ticket. I asked our host to put back yesterday's backup because I can not find the source of this problem.

I just did a restore of our database from a backup from yesterday, unfortunately there is a problem. A bunch of posts all show up as empty or can't be find. Is this a known problem? What could be causing this and what can I try to investigate this?

That would potentially suggest an issue with the dump or restore.

How are you dumping and restoring the database?
Are you using SSH, phpMyAdmin, or some other method?

If that's the case, rebuilding the search index in the ACP will resolve it.

I'm not sure how that's related to empty posts though.

I'm rebuilding it now.

That would potentially suggest an issue with the dump or restore.

How are you dumping and restoring the database?
Are you using SSH, phpMyAdmin, or some other method?
He said they're using r1soft backup software, this sets up a second mysql instance, then restores the files to disk first and then imports the database to the live instances from the second instance. Hope that helps.

I'm not sure how that's related to empty posts though.
The database contained over 8 million posts, this is the post table how it currently looks from a recent backup:

Schermafbeelding 2016-04-05 om 21.18.04.webp

Does this correspond? If not I have an incomplete post table... which would be very bad... I mean why would it not restore all posts?

The record count in phpMyAdmin is approximate.

You would have to speak to your host if the backup differs from the actual.
Search index rebuild stopped somewhere around 5M also. Looks like the post tabel is not complete. Our host will now do a bare metal restore...

We could recover from a complete backup with a bare metal restore. Everything looks fine now. I want to thank Brogan for the fast response and help. Just need to find out what happened that caused the initial problem now...

Top Bottom