• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Forum Error Code

Hi there,

Having massive problems with my server for some unknown reasons... had this error code when I loaded up tonight...

http://onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'forum.node_id' in 'where clause'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Forum.php at line 133
  6. XenForo_Model_Forum->getExtraForumDataForNodes() in XenForo/NodeHandler/Forum.php at line 85
  7. XenForo_NodeHandler_Forum->getExtraDataForNodes() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 571
  8. XenForo_Model_Node->mergeExtraNodeDataIntoNodeList() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 773
  9. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeListDisplayData() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 745
  10. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeDataForListDisplay() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 40
  11. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in WidgetFramework/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 13
  12. WidgetFramework_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in Borbole/RecentThreads/ControllerPublic.php at line 8
  13. Borbole_RecentThreads_ControllerPublic->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/onefootb/public_html/index.php at line 13

Could anybody help Immediately please.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Just to check, please disable any add-ons.

However, it looks like the xf_forum table is missing the node_id field. If that's the case, it would likely need to be restored from a backup. There's no reason for this to happen unless it was caused by a bad add-on, a server issue, or some sort of malicious activity.

Yes it appears that someone has deleted the Node_ID table. We don't have backups as the site only came online the other day...is there any way at ALL of getting it back?

Panic stations as it's a new forum with 700+ newbies and 9000 posts in a week, all potentially gone - can kiss goodbye to a community.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
There's no real way of recovering it as it's impossible to know what the table contained.

How did someone manage to delete the table?

We think someone may have deleted it on purpose - which brings me to the point, how would someone have got into the account/server so easily? Only 2 admins, me being 1 and I am clueless.

Fortunately we have rang the hosting company and they have pulled a backup off their system for us. So back ups a few times daily from now on - quick question.

Would you uninstall and then re-install the entire site and then add-on by add-on to see where the issues lay? How would you about approaching it.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Did this new site split off from an existing site?
Did you or the other admin use the same password(s) for the new site?

Would you uninstall and then re-install the entire site and then add-on by add-on to see where the issues lay? How would you about approaching it.
I would ask the host to check the server logs to see who accessed it - it may shed some light on how and when the table was deleted.