1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Forum Crashed Because of Upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Ty.W, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Ty.W

Ty.W Member

I went to the upgrade instructions inside the Xenforo manual and followed the directions instead of coming to the forum to see exactly what I needed to due before making a big update to the forum. Well I replaced all the files it told me to replace and didn't make a backup before I started playing with the update. So now my forum is down at www.texasinshorefishing.com/forum/ and dont know where to begin to bring my forum back up. All of the major files and content are still there on my server. I just need someone who really understand this script to get my site back up to it's original sate. I will pay to accomplish this for whoever will help me.

Thank you.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Did you complete the update? That error only exists when you didn't actually finish the update.
  3. Itworx4me

Itworx4me Well-Known Member

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Ty.W

Ty.W Member

@Jeremy - I thought I finished the update but I guess I'm missing something...

@Itworx4me - The link is broke.

@Brogan - I found the instructions later after I crashed my forum Brogan. I wish there was a link to the thread inside of the instruction manual so people can see the exact instruction for the specific upgrade.
  6. Brogan

7. Ty.W

Ty.W Member

Thanks guys!

At least I can see my forum now! :)

I'm still getting this error...

Server Error
    Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in TMS/Model/Template.php at line 228
    6. TMS_Model_Template->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 431
    7. XenForo_Model_Template->getOutdatedTemplates() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Home.php at line 26
    8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Home->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/txinfish/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13
    Let me read the instructions carefully and see what I'm missing.
  8. Brogan

Read the thread I linked to.

That is a known add-on error.