1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Crash

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Cal, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

HELP?????????????????????

An exception occurred: Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /var/www/vhosts/politicalbuddies.com/httpdocs/library/config.php, line 1 in /var/www/vhosts/politicalbuddies.com/httpdocs/library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php on line 321
    1. Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders() in Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setHeader() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 19
    3. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->__construct() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 193
    4. XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getViewRenderer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 499
    5. XenForo_FrontController->_getViewRenderer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 139
    6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/politicalbuddies.com/httpdocs/index.php at line 13

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

3. Digital Doctor

4. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

that sort of helps. the difference between that guy and me is my site is inaccessible on all browsers with that error. I can't get to the acp to check file health, etc.

5. Digital Doctor

Were you editing any files ?

6. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've got a space or newline before <?php in library/config.php

Jake Bunce likes this.
  7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

not me, ive been in class for 8 hours, im in class now dealing with this. maybe my co-admin. idk.

I'll have him look at config when he gets back.

8. Digital Doctor

That certainly could be it.

That being said, it's a common Xenforo error.

9. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

This happened to me and gave me this error. Although I did remove all spaces and newlines at the start of the config file, for some reason editing the file in notepad on my PC kept giving me this error. When I downloaded, re-saved the file on my Mac then re-uploaded it again, it was fixed. Must have been some odd bug or quirk in the text editor, but it was a pig to trace and fix!

10. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Hopefully it'll be that easy lol. I've been in class all day, I still have an hour to go, so I can't even try until I get home. It's stressful :unsure:

11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Much appreciated guys. When I got home I was able to resolve it. It turns out a file had corrupted, in addition on the the MYSQL Tables needed repair.

12. Digital Doctor

What file ?
    Why did it corrupt ?
    What tables were damaged ?
    How did you figure it out ?

In order to help others in the future, please let us in on the scoop.

CyclingTribe likes this.
  13. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

According to the error message it is definitely this:

14. Digital Doctor

How would that happen ?

15. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Editing and saving the file with extra whitespace at the top.

16. Digital Doctor

/shock !
    :)

17. Digital Doctor

So Cal ... is that what happened ?

18. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Hell if I know. My business partner isn't in. I don't know what he did. Gotta remember I was at paramedic class during the crash and after the crash was fixed. I gotta figure out on my own what the hell ketoacidosis is because I wasn't paying attention. I'll let you know if I find out. I'm still getting random errors, and reports of random errors, which leads me to believe it's something larger. For example just today a user reports:

"when navigating from one page from the next, i am receiving a white template page then am redirected to a blank black page."

..and I don't know what that's about. This in addition to a few other errors. Like I said one of the MYSQL databases needed to be repaired as show here

and a few others I haven't been able to track down yet

er.png

19. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member