MG 2.0 Forum Attachments??

tonmo

I have done a lot of searching; I'm either missing something very basic (quite possible) or this is a rare question, which I find hard to believe, but:

I have the XFMG add-on. Is there not a way to have Forum attachments leverage XFMG for attachments? I like the Media Gallery as-is as a standalone thing, but for heavy forum users, it seems odd to have them go to the MG to upload a video, then come back to the forums to embed it in a post. Can't they just "attach" right there from the forum post, and can't there be an option to have it cross-posted in MG?

The standard attachment treatment shows video files as simple file attachments, with a generic attachment icon, vs. an embedded piece of media right there in the thread.

Hoping I'm missing a simple configuration somewhere....?

Bumping this. I genuinely, literally can't believe that this add-on isn't more tightly integrated with forums. I hope I'm doing something wrong.

Our forums are used for topical discussions, and often videos accompany the discussions. Users don't want to leave the forums to upload a video, they just use "attach files" ... and videos only render as an attachment icon which must be downloaded and viewed.

Am I missing some functionality or a setting somewhere where I can offer users a toggle or something to have an attachment inherently integrate with the Media Gallery, and the BB code is automatically inserted in the forum post?

If that ISN'T a feature, then this is the most important new enhancement I can imagine for this add-on.

Much sadder is it the user must take the detour via the gallery to upload a video.
We live in 2018 and almost everyone has a cell phone make pictures and videos. The videos as an attachment directly in a post to load would be really desirable.
Maybe this will happen in XF3 or a clever devloper will create an addon.
That would sell well for sure.

Top Bottom