Formula 1 2011 Thread!

We can only hope...

I really hope we don't see a repeat of 2009 with the championship basically being won in the first 6-8 races.

Epic drive from Webber, but then he had to after his dire qualifying performance.

Considering where McLaren were in final pre-season testing, I'm astounded they've managed a win and several podiums.

It bodes well for the season, with no single team running away with it.

Can't stand Webber but have to give the guy credit for a super-human drive today.

LOL @ Button - do you think he pulls into the wrong driveway when he gets home?

GO Lewis! (ditch the earrings though...)

Can't stand Webber but have to give the guy credit for a super-human drive today.

LOL @ Button - do you think he pulls into the wrong driveway when he gets home?

GO Lewis! (ditch the earrings though...)

Did you see the red bull team when he pulled in, give him the thumb like "yea do one mate"

Wow, that accident by Sergio Perez was pretty impressive. Heres to hoping he has a quick recovery, intial signs look good though as he is talking.

There are rumours of leg injuries, hopefully nothing too serious.

I can't see him racing tomorrow though.

There are rumours of leg injuries, hopefully nothing too serious.

I can't see him racing tomorrow though.

Not with a sideways smash like that, I highly doubt he will be in racing condition tomrow.

Just goes to show how safe the cars are, did you catch how fast he was going when he hit the wall?

At least 150 I would have thought?

Disappointing end to Q3 too - would have been nice to see if a McLaren could have challenged the Red Bull for pole.

I reckon Hamilton had a good chance of getting pole, if he had been able to get a lap in.

I've put £50 on hamilton for this weekend.

Given how many times he got called up, and for the black comment then getting called up for it, I think he will be absolutely steaming and will drive like a nutter.

Well he's been on pole at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve the 3 times he has raced there.
It was also the circuit at which he took his very first F1 win.

Well he's been on pole at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve the 3 times he has raced there.
It was also the circuit at which he took his very first F1 win.

Im liking some of the odds down the feild.

Liuzzi - 5000/1

Trulli - 1500/1

Hell, Barrichello 400/1 and Schumacher 80/1

I was planning to get tickets for the japanese GP but if the the season is over by the next race or two I have no reasons to see the damn race

Who's gonna hit the wall in Canada?
Question for Brogan methinks! Do you know how heavy the rear wheels are, the mechanics seem to throw them around like they were nothing and are the hubs made of Magnesium, if so how come they dont catch fire when they lose a tyre? Oops, that's two questions.

Vettel already hit it in FP1 :D

The wheels typically weigh around 10-15kg and they're made from magnesium alloy.

Formula One cars must have four, uncovered wheels, all made of the same metallic material, which must be one of two magnesium alloys specified by the FIA.

Top Bottom