Form Submit for registered users only

ibaker

I have a form in a block on my side bar that I want to have it displayed to everyone however I only want the "Submit" of the form to work for registered users. If a guest clicks the submit button, I want it to go to the Register/Login page...as an incentive to get guests to register.

The submit code is:
Code:
<input type="submit" value="Submit">

Can anyone tell me how to do it...thanks

What is the form action? You can assert user status in your controller if it submits to a XenForo page. At least that's how it would be done in terms of XenForo code. Or you can use a template condition to only show the submit button for registered users:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">

</xen:if>

Thanks Jake but hiding the submit button I don't think would give the desired impact i.e. get a Guest to register. The form code is:
Code:
<div class="section" align="center">
    <form method="get" action="./pages/planner_results.php" target="planner_results" id="table1" onsubmit="window.open('about:blank','planner_results','width=980,toolbar=yes,scrollbars=yes')">
        <input type="hidden" name="pass" value="64358999" />
        <div style="font-style:italic;">(Straight line distance)</div>   

<div>
            <label style="width:250px;">Identifier for Starting Airport:</label>
            <input name="airport1" size="14" type="text" />
        </div>

<div>
            <label style="width:250px;">Identifier for Destination Airport:</label>
            <input name="airport2" size="14" type="text" />
        </div>

<div>
            <input type="submit" value="Submit">
            <input type="reset" value="Reset">
        </div>
    </form>
</div>

And the form looks like:
1.webp

Top Bottom