• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Form Addon

LP how are things coming along?

Actually did some development work last night. We are still in the early stages with this coming off a previous addon. But, it is coming along. Keep in mind we do this in our spare time outside of our regular jobs.

Actually did some development work last night. We are still in the early stages with this coming off a previous addon. But, it is coming along. Keep in mind we do this in our spare time outside of our regular jobs.
I understand that and I thank you very much. I'm working on learning C# right now so maybe after a while of doing that I can look into making mods for Xenforo.

Making good progress guys. LiquidPro has been working very hard on coding this and once we have some new goodies to show I will post them. For now, just take our word that we are working hard on this. There is no ETA on this as it all depends on our free-time and schedules. But be on the lookout and watch this thread!

Is there still work being done on the form add-on? If not, what is everyone using in the meantime?

I'd like to use it as a "survey" option. Is that part of the intended use of the form add-on?

We just released SourceBans Sync which was holding up development and just did some bug fixes (releasing shortly). Once that is out we will continue development. I am going to be honest here guys, don't expect this out anytime soon. It is quite the massive addon and we develop between our jobs, wives, girlfriends and family. Just keep a look out for posts from us or follow us on Twitter.

We just released SourceBans Sync which was holding up development and just did some bug fixes (releasing shortly). Once that is out we will continue development. I am going to be honest here guys, don't expect this out anytime soon. It is quite the massive addon and we develop between our jobs, wives, girlfriends and family. Just keep a look out for posts from us or follow us on Twitter.

youve been "working" on it for like... months. many months.

I was hopeful at first for this,but now it seem that i shouldnt wste my time waiting and move on and find somsone who will acctully do this.

Appreciate the effort, bt you should have said a long time ago that you would never get it finished so other people could begin development on this.

I was hopeful at first for this,but now it seem that i shouldnt wste my time waiting and move on and find somsone who will acctully do this.

Appreciate the effort, bt you should have said a long time ago that you would never get it finished so other people could begin development on this.
He just said why its taken time.

If you can't wait, I guess you don't need to use the add-on.

Just sayin', but developers have lives too and cannot cater to everyone else's timeline.

He just said why its taken time.

If you can't wait, I guess you don't need to use the add-on.

Just sayin', but developers have lives too and cannot cater to everyone else's timeline.

he also said "don't expect this out anytime soon" which doesnt inspire confidance.

I'm not exactly sure what you expect for free addon development, but regardless if it took us 1 month or 12 months nothing should prohibit any other developer from working on this addon. You can also hire a developer via many sites and spend whatever hard earned money you have towards development. What we are doing is spare-time development work. This isn't a dedicated team of developers working here guys; this is a friend and I working (when allowed) to make quality addons. We aren't getting paid for this, this is not our full-time job. And honestly if this addon was that important to you, you should have spent the money on having this created yourself within your timeframe.

We have actually done some serious work on this addon and it's quite intricate. If you're not satisfied with our speed of development then I would suggest you move along and ask someone else to develop this for you.

UltimaOX, you may want to contact a coder and attempt to have this add-on developed if you need it that much.

If you don't, then you'll have to be patient or willing to operate your site without the use of a form addon.

I'm not exactly sure what you expect for free addon development, but regardless if it took us 1 month or 12 months nothing should prohibit any other developer from working on this addon. You can also hire a developer via many sites and spend whatever hard earned money you have towards development. What we are doing is spare-time development work. This isn't a dedicated team of developers working here guys; this is a friend and I working (when allowed) to make quality addons. We aren't getting paid for this, this is not our full-time job. And honestly if this addon was that important to you, you should have spent the money on having this created yourself within your timeframe.

We have actually done some serious work on this addon and it's quite intricate. If you're not satisfied with our speed of development then I would suggest you move along and ask someone else to develop this for you.

well ide like a better time frame idea than "anytime soon".

yes i understand you have a life, but you first mentioned you were working on this in febuary. thats 7 months. just as a buissness man tryign to present himself in a proffesional fashion, you arnt coming off as very good in that aspect. Even some of the most complext addons wernt in development for 7 months. its just a long time to sit and wait and hope you acctully release it. you know?

I just really am amazed it could take this long even with a life. if i spent 5 hours a week on this, 3 weeks a month, in 7 months thats 105 hours which should be more than enough to do this kind of project. I just have a hard time understanding this long of a hold up.

5 hours a week is like 40 minets a day, that could be the time your waiting on breakfast to cook in the morning, or sometime in the evening when your waiting for your favorite show to come on. Its a trival amount of time a day but would be sufficent enough for this.

Again, my only concern is its taken you a long time and you say it will be even longer, and that doesnt inspire confidance in you and your work. I know alot of people have been waiting for this and having to wait even longer ("anytime soon") is gonna be hard with the amount of time thats already passed.

Just voiceing my concerns.

well ide like a better time frame idea than "anytime soon".

yes i understand you have a life, but you first mentioned you were working on this in febuary. thats 7 months. just as a buissness man tryign to present himself in a proffesional fashion, you arnt coming off as very good in that aspect. Even some of the most complext addons wernt in development for 7 months. its just a long time to sit and wait and hope you acctully release it. you know?

I just really am amazed it could take this long even with a life. if i spent 5 hours a week on this, 3 weeks a month, in 7 months thats 105 hours which should be more than enough to do this kind of project. I just have a hard time understanding this long of a hold up.

5 hours a week is like 40 minets a day, that could be the time your waiting on breakfast to cook in the morning, or sometime in the evening when your waiting for your favorite show to come on. Its a trival amount of time a day but would be sufficent enough for this.

Again, my only concern is its taken you a long time and you say it will be even longer, and that doesnt inspire confidance in you and your work. I know alot of people have been waiting for this and having to wait even longer ("anytime soon") is gonna be hard with the amount of time thats already passed.

Just voiceing my concerns.

I feel a long response to this wouldn't exactly help, so I am going to refer to my earlier response. While your life may be cut and dry, many of us do not have that luxury. While I could sit here and rant some sob stories about my troubles I will not. It's not relevant to the discussion at hand. But if you think 7 months is too much time to develop an addon like this then you are more than welcome to hire a developer. I would be interested in seeing the quality of work you receive and just how long it will take him :).

It's very hard to give exact or even estimates when talking deadlines here. I cannot predict what will happen in a day, let along a month or longer. Just look at how some people respond to 1.1's development and how the idea of "summer" has sent a long chain of ridiculous posting about deadlines and failure to meet them.

Sorry, but I have no interest in putting myself nor LiquidPro into a deadline hole that may be impossible to climb out of. Best of luck to you.

Any free add-on gets a freebie when it comes to time of development. If you had paid in advance for this and still nothing in 7 months then yes maybe i could some of your concerns UltimaOX. Yes i am waiting on this as well but i understand everything John is saying and i agree with him. Maybe you need a dedicated developer who will charge you an arm and a leg for halfass work. But the number one rule in life, is to never complain about free.

Hi Guys,

To help those who have patiently waited and supported us throughout the development phase...I wanted to pass along these screenshots for you all to look at. Please let me know what you think thus far. This isn't much but I hope you will see just how far development has come.

Below is the page you see when you click "Create New Node" (notice the Simple Form).
lptech_simpleforms_addsimpleformnode.webp

When you select the "Simple Form" node, you can then add the basic form info:
lptech_simpleforms_addingform.webp

You can then see your new form within the node tree and position it wherever you like:
lptech_simpleforms_nodetree.webp

Click to edit the form and view more options that are available:
lptech_simpleforms_editform.webp

You can then view all of your form fields and add new ones:
lptech_simpleforms_formfields.webp

Clicking on a form field will allow you to edit it:
lptech_simpleforms_editformfield.webp

I would show you what the "Destination" tab looks like but it's a mess right now due to development. But once it looks polished I will show you how you can select different options like send in an email, private conversation or thread.

Hope you enjoy!

Top Bottom