• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Form Addon

I'm going to bump this as well. I currently run a gaming community and we're on vB4. Some sort of Form would be crucial to my switch over to XF. I currently use a vB mod called "Easy Forms" to get this accomplished.

I run a few different forms with Easy Forms, as I have different "applications" for different positions in the community that people fill out. They fill out the form, and it formats the answers into a nice new post in a forum of my choosing.

Someone make this happen! I'd be happy to toss some money at it as well with Russ. :)

Me too! Me Too!

I use the vB Easy Forms mods at all my games and desperately need something similar!

.... Stormwolfe

PS: Also willing to make a couple of reasonable donations....

Guys, I just wanted to let you all know we have made some SERIOUS development strives for this stand-alone form add-on for XenForo. LiquidPro has been working feverishly on this add-on and we should have a teaser for you all shortly! Hope you all enjoy it!
wow that's great news, thumbs up!

Guys, I just wanted to let you all know we have made some SERIOUS development strives for this stand-alone form add-on for XenForo. LiquidPro has been working feverishly on this add-on and we should have a teaser for you all shortly! Hope you all enjoy it!

Sounds great. The more features the better. :D

As long as it can post the form information/input into a new thread using the user's account that filled out the form, I'm happy. Easy administration of the form questions, and the ability to choose between answer types like text fields, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check marks, etc. are all a plus as well.

Can't wait to check out the teaser!

As jljr222 mentioned, here are some teasers. A few things worth mentioning...
  1. The settings for each destination type are not set in stone yet. They are subject to change, along with the wording, as development progresses. I may find that I need another setting, or a setting was overkill.
  2. The variables available to the templates will change.
  3. Destination types can be added via other plugins. Each destination type will have its own "handler." If that handler is enabled, it will be called when a response is submitted. That handler can then do whatever it needs to do. So, if someone wants to write an add-on for this to write to Twitter, Facebook, a proprietary database, or whatever... that could be done relatively easily.
  4. Questions will have the same properties as a XenForo option. This is subject to change as well, as it may be overkill.
Fire away on the questions!

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Capture2.webp
    Capture2.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Capture3.webp
    Capture3.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Capture4.webp
    Capture4.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Capture5.webp
    Capture5.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Capture6.webp
    Capture6.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Capture7.webp
    Capture7.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 34
Looks good. Can you add a verfication part to stop spammers? I always had that problem with the vbulletin version. Last I'm not sure how you plan to display it but if it can be on a sperate page like member list, help, etc that would be awesome

Im using vB Easy Forms and its definitely a feature I need before that site can be converted. Cant wait to see this mod!!

Looks good. Can you add a verfication part to stop spammers? I always had that problem with the vbulletin version. Last I'm not sure how you plan to display it but if it can be on a sperate page like member list, help, etc that would be awesome

Great idea. I have included a new setting (checkbox) to enable/disable CAPTCHA on the form.

Great look so far, LiquidPro.

My one suggestion would be to add an option to include a link to the form in the main navbar at the top. That way it could be accessed from almost anywhere, instead of the main forum list.

I know it can easily be done by hand, but nice to have the option. :)

Great look so far, LiquidPro.

My one suggestion would be to add an option to include a link to the form in the main navbar at the top. That way it could be accessed from almost anywhere, instead of the main forum list.

I know it can easily be done by hand, but nice to have the option. :)
I'm going to put this as a low-priority feature request since it can be done by hand now. Thanks for the suggestion, it is duly noted.

Top Bottom