• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Form Addon

Ron

Need a add-on that is managed through the Admin Control Panel that would allow the creation of form(s). These forms could then be linked to (possibly as overlay). Following are some features that would be needed:

Question Types:
  • Single line text
  • Multi-line text
  • Multi-select checkboxes
  • Single-select radio buttons
  • Single Select Dropdown
  • Yes/No
  • Multi-line text field using vbeditor (max one per form - limited by vB)
  • Human verification question
  • Custom Question (can query database or do whatever you want)
  • Date (month/ day/ year fields)
Form should be capable of sending data to:
  • new thread in a forum
  • new post in a thread
  • new private message to a user or group of users
  • email
  • database
Regards...

Multiple form ability! This is a must mod! I'd even be willing to throw a bit of money a the person who finishes it

I'm going to bump this as well. I currently run a gaming community and we're on vB4. Some sort of Form would be crucial to my switch over to XF. I currently use a vB mod called "Easy Forms" to get this accomplished.

I run a few different forms with Easy Forms, as I have different "applications" for different positions in the community that people fill out. They fill out the form, and it formats the answers into a nice new post in a forum of my choosing.

Someone make this happen! I'd be happy to toss some money at it as well with Russ. :)

That's a perfect example of what sort of form system we need, Rodrigo.

I would be happy even without some of those features.

While it would be great, DD, I want the form to actually post the results on xenforo. I want a new post created with all the data from the form, so that all users can see it and certain super mods/admins can respond.

While it would be great, DD, I want the form to actually post the results on xenforo. I want a new post created with all the data from the form, so that all users can see it and certain super mods/admins can respond.

So then we can be talking about a Gravity Form Addon! Wich should be not so difficult to-do.

Some news from GF. I sent them a question no their website asking about an official plug-in for XF, and got a response today.

Hello Will,
I actually haven't heard of XenForo until now. We will take a look at it. I can't promise we will create an official add-on for it, but I don't see why a community created add-on couldn't be created. Gravity Forms has plenty of hooks available to allow you to customize it and post data to other applications, etc.

Thanks,

Carl Hancock

Oh man, this is the very LAST plugin I need to complete my migration to xenForo. While GF seems cool I would love a standalone option that ran by itself for vB. I would be willing to donate $50 to whoever could complete this :).

I've sent a PM to the man behind Easy Forums from the vB.org site. I haven't heard back from him either, but I agree jljr222, a standalone option would be amazing.

I'd like to double up on his donation of $50 for the person who can bring us a fully functional/featured add-on like EasyForms from vB. If anyone has questions, PM me and I can show you the details of the add-on or demo them to you.

I've sent a PM to the man behind Easy Forums from the vB.org site. I haven't heard back from him either, but I agree jljr222, a standalone option would be amazing.

I'd like to double up on his donation of $50 for the person who can bring us a fully functional/featured add-on like EasyForms from vB. If anyone has questions, PM me and I can show you the details of the add-on or demo them to you.

I'm actually having my developer look into take time away from our review system development to work on this. I will let you know :).

I'm actually having my developer look into take time away from our review system development to work on this. I will let you know :).

Sweet! As long as it's a customizable form, and has the ability to output the results in both something like a private message/email or forum post, I'm happy. :) The donation offer still stands, even if it's to your own dev.

i asked the devoloper over at vb.org if he plans to port his over and he said no.. That stinks. yea someone please make this. Its an awesome mod i need and it needs the features as stated above

Top Bottom