Cannot reproduce Forgot password reset can require confirming T&S (but without any option to)

Xon

Affected version
If a user has a non-valid account (ie bounced email), and they try a password reset via the overlay, it prompts to confirm that the user must ack the terms & services.

Can you please provide more details, as this report is confusing and somewhat ambiguous?

"Prompts to confirm that the user must ack the terms & services" suggests the "Force terms and rules agreement" option is applied. That only applies to logged in users, so that wouldn't come up during a password reset request.

I've just attempted to do a password reset in various ways. I get the password reset email. Clicking that, takes me to the password reset page and I do not get the prompt to accept the Ts & Cs until the password is changed and I'm logged in. I've followed the password reset confirmation link from the email while logged out and logged in and it all works as expected.

It happened here.

I was attempting to-do a password reset after my account was shifted into the bounced state. But It kept requesting that I accept the terms & conditions. I had a screenshot but somehow miss-placed it.

With XF1, if you did a password reset and it emailed out then it accepted the email account was valid.

I do not recognise any part of that process that would ask you to accept any terms and conditions.

Assuming the error message was:
"Please read and accept our terms and rules before continuing."

That is only displayed on registration or when force agreement has been set (which it never has, here).

Yes, that looks like the error message that I hit.

It repeatedly happened when the forgot password overlay was on-top of the login overlay. Opening the forgot password link in a new tab worked.

I'll see if I can reproduce it locally, but it is rather bizarre.

Top Bottom