******* - Force to Read a Thread [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not installed this addon in my forum of production, I have a bad habit of testing all addons in the localhost.

I have installed a test forum in my server for you to check the addon, I have sent you the data in the existing conversation.

Can we force the read of multiple thread IDs or only one?

Also, making the html for the thread linking, is there any substitution we can use to link to the said thread...

Like :
Please read <a href="@thread_link">this thread first</a> before continuing.

Something like that?

I really like this addon and I want to purchase it and since you did a extra perm for mike.. could you do for me too... Basically everytime I post an a special post I want to force read each... so say todya i force read a post when they comeback to the site then tommrrow I have another anoucment and I want them to force read that first.. Could you ad an option for that too please?

I really like this addon and I want to purchase it and since you did a extra perm for mike.. could you do for me too... Basically everytime I post an a special post I want to force read each... so say todya i force read a post when they comeback to the site then tommrrow I have another anoucment and I want them to force read that first.. Could you ad an option for that too please?

You can do that with the current version. Meaning you can refresh/change the thread that you want to set as a must read on a daily basis.

You can do that with the current version. Meaning you can refresh/change the thread that you want to set as a must read on a daily basis.
This is not correct, the addon in its current state only allows establishing a first thread to force to read. Even if you change the thread in the addon options the addon will not force to read any new topic, the reason is that the addon not empty the table in the database to establish new thread. This is some of what I have told you and you said it was expected.

This is not correct, the addon in its current state only allows establishing a first thread to force to read. Even if you change the thread in the addon options the addon will not force to read any new topic, the reason is that the addon not empty the table in the database to establish new thread. This is some of what I have told you and you said it was expected.

The mod table needs to be truncated first for that. I forgot to mention it. Thanks for the reminder.

Once, after they read it the first time then the restriction will not apply to them anymore. To re-enforce it then you must truncate the mod 's table.
I see, I thought this was like VBulletin's system where you could create a thread and force users to read it. Such as an announcement. If not, you should update this addon to include it so if a new thread is made in a category (defined in the options) then it will force users to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom