Not planned Force the use of externalDataUrl & javaScriptUrl

Alpha1

I find that some developers have forgotten to make use of externalDataUrl & javaScriptUrl in their addons which causes resources to load from the wrong locations.
I dont know if there are valid reasons for not loading from these definitions, but if there are none, then I suggest to enforce loading from externalDataUrl & javaScriptUrl so that such mistakes cannot be made and resources are always loaded from the proper location.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is basically unenforceable.

There are already various functions and helpers that should be used when building links to various things. The problem sounds like it arises from people not using them but that's something that is out of our control.

Bad Coding Practises Checker
Checks for outdated code, unclosed statements, spaghetti, band-aids, base64, callbacks, and not following XF staff development advice. lol.

Bad Coding Practises Checker
Checks for outdated code, unclosed statements, spaghetti, band-aids, base64, callbacks, and not following XF staff development advice. lol.
Yes :)
Security and safety of add-ons is our own concern, so such an add-on from a reputable developer would be well received I think.
The ability to scan an add-on before install ;)

I don't see something like this being enforceable without fees. If would be best to hire a security research firm which could do an audit of your code to make sure you don't have spaghetti and insecure code.

Top Bottom