Force Ignore by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Force Ignore by Waindigo - Allows administrators to force two users to ignore each other.

Description:

This add-on adds a section to the Admin Control Panel where administrators can enter the names of two users and force those users to ignore each other.

Additionally, an expiry date can be entered, after which time the users will no longer ignore each other. Before the expiry date, both users will be unable to remove the ignore themselves.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing...

Read more about this resource...

@Shelley I can't take all the credit... although I'm also not permitted to say who deserves the rest of the credit. This add-on was original coded by someone else though, but we bought the rights so that we could release it for free.

That is very generous of you. I personally don't have a use for it but I can see right away the benefits this will have on large forums for members that frequently don't get along with each other. Hopefully the people using the add-on will think about donating. Again a very generous gesture you have made towards the community. :) :bigthumbsup:

wow usefull addon!
It "only" force the ignore right?

Do you think would be possible to extend the ignore function hiding the quoted text of ignored users?

Once I click con Force Ignore in the User panel of the ACP I get:

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'mydatabasename.forceignore' doesn't exist

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Waindigo/ForceIgnore/Model/ForceIgnore.php at line 56
  6. Waindigo_ForceIgnore_Model_ForceIgnore->getIgnored() in Waindigo/ForceIgnore/ControllerAdmin/ForceIgnore.php at line 24
  7. Waindigo_ForceIgnore_ControllerAdmin_ForceIgnore->actionUsers() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/domain.com/admin.php at line 13

I can see the table xf_force_ignore on the db.

Waindigo updated Force Ignore by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 released

New features:
  • It is now possible to force all members to ignore a single user by only filling in the first username box and leaving the second blank.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed error that cannot edit or delete forced ignores.
  • Changed the phrase waindigo_remove_not_allowed_forceignore to make it grammatically correct (and a bit shorter).
  • Fixed a few admin links that were written in camel case instead of hyphenated and in lower case.

Read the rest of this update entry...

That does it for even members who aren't on forced ignore though doesn't?
That would require an entirely new add-on I think, as there isn't really a way to reliably distinguish between the two with this add-on. Sorry.

Top Bottom