1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Force case in custom BB Code option to be lower/upper?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Kevin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

I'm working on adding a new custom BB Code. The new BB Code requires an option to be entered. Depending upon the option the CSS definition will be dynamic in the HTML replacement (eg: class="mybbcode{option}").

Getting that part working is pretty easy & straightforward. What I am running into though is that because on custom BB Codes the entry of the options are free form (as opposed to pre-defined entries from a drop-down) the user can enter the {option} in mixed case. If they enter "A" and I have a CSS class defined as "mybbcodeA" then everything works but if they enter "a" as the option then the CSS isn't found. The example is a bit simplified since it is only one letter in the example but really the options are several characters long so just creating both "mybbcodeA" & "mybbcodea" wouldn't work because with multiple character options I'd need a CCS class for every possible mixed case scenario.

Any thoughts on a quick & easy way of forcing the custom BB code option to be a specific case?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The only way you could transform the option, I believe, is by creating a PHP callback.

At some point in that code you'd be able to run the option through strtolower().

Otherwise, there's no way of doing it, unfortunately.