XF 1.3 Forbidden: You don't have permission to access admin.php on this server [ERROR]

JacquiiDesigns

adminphp-error.gif

This is the error I see when trying to edit a Xenporta template.
I've seen a similar thread that mentions mod_security -- but I don't think this is my particular problem.

To reproduce - I simply go to the template and try to edit any part of it. Clicking "Save All Changes" results in the Forbidden error. What's strange is that I can save the template when there are no changes made to it.

Any assistance fixing this issue will be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

J.

I'm pretty sure that is indeed mod_security (or a similar system). When a page like that comes up, XenForo isn't even being run; the request is being blocked before it starts.

Does it happen with other templates?
This is what's so strange! It doesn't happen in most other templates. There was another template that threw the error. But I've been able to edit other templates without issue. And it seems like if one template is showing the error - then all others would show the error as well. Kind of bizarre :(

I'm pretty sure that is indeed mod_security (or a similar system). When a page like that comes up, XenForo isn't even being run; the request is being blocked before it starts.
The client I'm working for had his tech support disable mod_security completely (so that I was told anyway...) and I'm still seeing the permissions error when editing (or rather - trying to edit) the EWRblock_RecentThreads template :(

There should be logs in your web server error log that imply what is triggering the error then. Unfortunately, as it's being hit before XenForo is run (in that request), there isn't really anything we can do to stop it. It is likely to be something only your host can change though.

Top Bottom