1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forbidden - You don't have permission to access ../add-reply on this server

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by steve_aust, Nov 7, 2012.

1. steve_aust

steve_aust Member

This is a strange one, and I can only assume it is a bug.
    I am not a programmer in PHP & I am relatively new to Xenforo, so I apoligize if this is not a bug - but then what is it?

So I get the error when I post a particular word. The error occurs when both replying to a post and when in "conversation" with someone (i.e. private message in Xenforo) and including a particular word

Here is a screen shot of the Xenforo error pop-up:

so the word is Zyrtec
    just to be clear, the error occurs only with this word, no other word triggers this error.
    The error is triggered if the post only contains 1 word, being "Zyrtec" -or- if I write 100 words and 1 of the words is "Zyrtec".
    What on earth is going on? A bug?
    NB - I do not have this word in the "Censoring" functionality of Xenforo.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This isn't a bug - if it was - it would be pretty widespread.

I would hazard a guess that your server configuration contains some sort of security software. Maybe mod_security?

I would contact your host in the first instance. They may know why that particular word is banned or have some sort of log that may reveal why.
    Jake Bunce and tenants like this.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. Classic mod_security problem. Basically your server has a spam filter when submitting a post. Ask your host to disable mod_security.
  4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I had to change hosts once because of tight security rules. They even blocked certain words from being posted.