- text editing. I use notepad, wordpad - any way to get the equivalent on a mac? I did see the Text Editor on the Mac, but it appears the only save option that might work is the open doc text (.ico) format.
- Any way to get a similar compare files feature as Notepad++ for detecting differences in template files?
- Any input on LARGE file size viewing (250k edit: over 3.5M lines)? Many times I have been using Word Pad because that is the only way to open the server log files locally without reducing them via grep on my server before I download (I need to be able to work without an internet connection)
- The Mac Terminal program - nice. I can see that opens a shell, where I can run several unix commands locally on the mac. Any limitations on that? Could I change permissions on files, etc?
- The Mac Terminal program - can I connect to my server using that, similar to how I am using puTTy on windows?
- Mail client on the mac, would that work for multiple email accounts? I have outlook set up to handle 8 different email accounts at the moment.
- Can I assume that I could use the unix rsync command if I wanted to do that instead of, or in addition to, the Time machine on an external drive?