Add-on Footnotes/Citations for Images?

KensonPlays

I only saw one single reference to "footnotes" when searching the entire site, so I'm making this thread.

I'm writing some blog posts on my XF install, but for Wikimedia Commons images, they want credit to show with the image of course, I've tried this custom BBCode but it ends up looking like this for my post: 1652908365750.webp

If I add the caption as an Alt text, it shows in the lightbox when clicked on, but not while reading. I'm not 100% sure if Wikimedia Commons allows that for crediting, since I can't seem to find anything on the site referring to if that's allowable so I'd rather be safe and have the captions look closer to this (from the bbcode thread):

1652908434569.webp

For my blog posts that are educational in nature, I'd love to caption and credit the images properly. Could an addon be made for this?

When you add an image in post from XFMG it be displayed like this, idk if you use XFMG but it can help.

I do have XFMG, but it would be an extra step to post multiple images into various areas of a blog post.

Being able to maybe have the Alt text show as a caption would be nice.

Top Bottom