Footer alignment

Ryan Kent

I am working on cleaning up my footer. My biggest issue is a line of text I added "This website and it's contents are copyright TeraPVP.com All Rights Reserved" should be on the exact same line as the links for Terms & Rules along with my other footer links. Somehow it shows as being about a half a row too high. Can anyone explain what causes this shift and how to fix?

footer.webp

from footer template:
Code:
            <ul class="footerLinks">
            <xen:hook name="footer_links">
                <xen:hook name="footer_links_legal">
                    <li>This website and it's contents are copyright TeraPVP.com All Rights Reserved</li>
                    <xen:if is="{$tosUrl}"><li><a href="{$tosUrl}">{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}"><li><a href="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}">{xen:phrase privacy_policy}</a></li></xen:if>
                </xen:hook>
                <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'default'">
                    <li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                <xen:elseif is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'custom'" />
                    <li><a href="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.custom}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                </xen:if>
                <xen:if is="{$homeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>
                <li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
                </xen:hook>
            </ul>

You're trying to fit too much text in the space available.

This is how it appears to me:
footer.webp

You just need to change the template to move stuff to separate rows as there is just too much for one or two rows.

ok I've spent 2 full hours trying everything in the world to make this footer work. I know I am close but clearly I am missing a key part.

That /* xxxx */ you see above, not sure how that was visible to you because I couldn't see it. Either way, I removed it from the template it was in. I mistakenly used /* */ for commenting instead of <!-- -->

What I am trying to do is ad a length legal disclaimer for my site. I made a phrase "terapvp_legal_footer", I tested the phrase itself and it works. Now I am trying to get it to display in the footer. I am working in the footer template which seems to be the right spot. I have tried many variations but what seems to keep appearing in the footer is the simple text "terapvp_legal_footer" rather then the phrase. What I need is for the xen phrase to appear, not the text "terapvp_legal_footer".

Code:
             <ul class="legal">
                 <li id="copyright">{xen:phrase xenforo_copyright}</li>
                 <li><span>Flexile theme by Erik Swan.</span></li><br>
                 <li>(xen:phrase terapvp_legal_footer)</li><br>
             </ul>

If just the phrase name is appearing then that normally indicates a missing phrase.

Are you sure you created it?

Edit: Just noticed, you're using standard brackets () instead of curly brackets {}

Top Bottom