1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Footer alignment

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Ryan Kent, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I am working on cleaning up my footer. My biggest issue is a line of text I added "This website and it's contents are copyright TeraPVP.com All Rights Reserved" should be on the exact same line as the links for Terms & Rules along with my other footer links. Somehow it shows as being about a half a row too high. Can anyone explain what causes this shift and how to fix?

from footer template:
                <ul class="footerLinks">
                <xen:hook name="footer_links">
                    <xen:hook name="footer_links_legal">
                        <li>This website and it's contents are copyright TeraPVP.com All Rights Reserved</li>
                        <xen:if is="{$tosUrl}"><li><a href="{$tosUrl}">{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}"><li><a href="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}">{xen:phrase privacy_policy}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'default'">
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                    <xen:elseif is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'custom'" />
                        <li><a href="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.custom}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                    <xen:if is="{$homeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You're trying to fit too much text in the space available.

This is how it appears to me:

You just need to change the template to move stuff to separate rows as there is just too much for one or two rows.
  3. Ryan Kent

ok I've spent 2 full hours trying everything in the world to make this footer work. I know I am close but clearly I am missing a key part.

That /* xxxx */ you see above, not sure how that was visible to you because I couldn't see it. Either way, I removed it from the template it was in. I mistakenly used /* */ for commenting instead of <!-- -->

What I am trying to do is ad a length legal disclaimer for my site. I made a phrase "terapvp_legal_footer", I tested the phrase itself and it works. Now I am trying to get it to display in the footer. I am working in the footer template which seems to be the right spot. I have tried many variations but what seems to keep appearing in the footer is the simple text "terapvp_legal_footer" rather then the phrase. What I need is for the xen phrase to appear, not the text "terapvp_legal_footer".

<ul class="legal">
                     <li id="copyright">{xen:phrase xenforo_copyright}</li>
                     <li><span>Flexile theme by Erik Swan.</span></li><br>
                     <li>(xen:phrase terapvp_legal_footer)</li><br>
  4. Brogan

If just the phrase name is appearing then that normally indicates a missing phrase.

Are you sure you created it?

Edit: Just noticed, you're using standard brackets () instead of curly brackets {}
  5. Ryan Kent

absolutely. If I replace "xenforo_copyright" with "terapvp_legal_footer", then the correct phrase appears perfectly.

6. Brogan

See my edit above - you're using the wrong brackets.
  7. Ryan Kent

wow, THANK YOU Brogan. Much appreciated. I will remember that lesson for a very long time.