XF 2.3 Font Awesome Icon option for Reactions

@philmckrackon

Not quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an option in that section though. There used to be a field where you can type in font awesome icons under "display style" section, like this one...
1695742486439-webp.291598

@philmckrackon

Not quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an option in that section though. There used to be a field where you can type in font awesome icons under "display style" section, like this one...
1695742486439-webp.291598
That is not in an unmodified XF 2.2.16pl2. Are you sure it is not an addon as seen in THIS POST?
The screenshots I showed are from a simple addon I made last year (I couldn't remember exactly when, but the timestamps on the files say November of 2022)

Last edited:
Yes, thanks for catching that. On my forum, it would show up when I had my Reactions Plus add-on enabled from ThemeHouse.

So my question now is if there is a way to use font awesome icons as a reaction without having to upload it? Or could we get that implemented? I thought the discussion I linked to in post #1 was alluding to that but I don't see it implemented for font awesome icons.

I'm assuming there's some licensing issue going on. The Custom BB code section in the ACP still has a field where you can put in Font Awesome Icon, but it doesn't work. No icon shows up when I put the font awesome icon class in that field.

Screenshot-26-7-2024-231536-theagnosticforum-com.jpg

Thanks for checking phil.

It's just something on my site then. The icon doesn't show up but it still leaves a blank space in the toolbar, When I click on it the function still works (makes text green highlight).

I inspect it and it says this:
<button id="xfCustom_highlight1-1" type="button" tabindex="-1" role="button" class="fr-command fr-btn" data-cmd="xfCustom_highlight1" data-title="Green Highlighter"><i class="fas fa-highlighter" aria-hidden="true"></i><span class="fr-sr-only">Green Highlighter</span></button>

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for checking phil.

It's just something on my site then. The icon doesn't show up but it still leaves a blank space in the toolbar, When I click on it the function still works (makes text green highlight).

I inspect it and it says this:
<button id="xfCustom_highlight1-1" type="button" tabindex="-1" role="button" class="fr-command fr-btn" data-cmd="xfCustom_highlight1" data-title="Green Highlighter"><i class="fas fa-highlighter" aria-hidden="true"></i><span class="fr-sr-only">Green Highlighter</span></button>

Any ideas anyone?
Did you try only one fa in the field and not three?

Yes. This is what I have in the Font Awesome field:
fas fa-highlighter

Also tried just fa-highlighter which is what I had in that field before and it worked on xenforo 2.2 version. Soon as I upgrade to 2.3 it doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom