Floating up/down buttons - down button has disappeared

Martok

I have just noticed that, when scrolling, the floating down button has gone. Only the the floating up button shows when scrolling up the page. I'm guessing that this is an intentional change, however the down button is still useful in long threads when you are reading some initial posts and then want to jump down to read the latest post at the bottom of the thread.

Will the option to show both floating buttons (or just one as is currently shown) configurable? I hope so as it then lets admins choose whether to show either just one, both or indeed none at all.

I'm glad we can configure the down button to not be there, but I just noticed the up button doesn't appear until you start to scroll up. This is a bit annoying, I'm sure it used to appear without you having to do that.

But at least we should be grateful for having them at all.

I've got to say that I find the up and down buttons quite useful. What I don't like is the arrow appearing as you are scrolling up.

I never use them. On a Mac it's so easy to just swipe (with 2 fingers) and you are at the bottom or the top of the page.

I never use them. On a Mac it's so easy to just swipe (with 2 fingers) and you are at the bottom or the top of the page.
I'd say that they are more useful on mobile devices than they probably are on desktops (though still useful there depending on hardware used and configuration).

I've already found it annoying that I can't skip to the bottom of a thread because the down arrow is gone. JMO

Also the page index at the top of a thread seems to be gone. So now I have to swipe repeatedly to get to the bottom of the page to jump to a page, I'd put that in another thread but it's related
^can't strikeout?

Nvm it looks like it was disabled in mobile/portrait view but come back in landscape view

Last edited:
That could be done with a custom user field if desired (though I understand that is somewhat more complex to implement).

Top Bottom