XF 2.0 Float Images Left

KawaiiHannah

I want to enable my images to be placed to the left and have my text wrap around it like in this exampleScreenshot_20171202-085548.webp
Is that possible to achieve

I am using this code and for the most part it is working as it is supposed to.

The only issue I am having is this....

Sports.webp

Anyone know how to fix this?

I am using ui.x if that makes a difference.

I'm having trouble figuring how to use this bbcode.

Specifically, it appears that you wrap the text with the open/close image_left tags.

Where in relation to this do you specify the image?

I'm having trouble figuring how to use this bbcode.

Specifically, it appears that you wrap the text with the open/close image_left tags.

Where in relation to this do you specify the image?

between the bbcode tags, in the above case it would be

[image_left][ATTACH=full]11601[/ATTACH][/image_left]

nb: your image must be less wide than the text editor box, otherwise of course there is no room for the text to be on the right of the image.

So I would recommend you ad some relevant max-width to the css, e.g. max-width:300px;

Last edited:
I tried that. It leaves a large blank gap above the wrapped text.

I also tried your Simple Image Align & Text Justify addon for XF1.x but unfortunately it does not work for XF2.

This one does work for XF2. I just had to figure out how it worked. :)

I was trying to put the text between the bbcodes instead of the image.

Yes, only the image goes between the bbcode. If you think about it, only the image is floating left or right - the text is just normal text.

I suppose it's a bit misleading here because the bbcode html replacement says {text} but that that is just the xenforo default terminology because I suppose in most cases it is the text that is affected by the css. In this case it's only the image that's effected by the float and margin, the actual text of the post is not affected by any css.

Last edited:
Yes, only the image goes between the bbcode. If you think about it, only the image is floating left or right - the text is just normal text.

I suppose it's a bit misleading here because the bbcode html replacement says {text} but that that is just the xenforo default terminology because I suppose it is normally text that becomes. affect by the css. In this case it's only the image that's effect the actual text of the post is not affected by any css.

Yes, I wondered about that too, but was just dumb lucky enough to ignore it! :giggle:

Top Bottom