Flat Awesome - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

Hi,

I have a problem with header width. How can i modify the header width as page content (1180 px)? I changed "max-width", but header leaned to left.

qjq0mZ.png

Hi,

I have a problem with header width. How can i modify the header width as page content (1180 px)? I changed "max-width", but header leaned to left.

qjq0mZ.png

Could you PM me your URL so I can take a look at what is causing that.

Awesome style! I have two things I need help with:

First thing is the header. I want to change its width so that it matches everything else:

4NXxcKj.webp

Second thing is the social media icons. I want to make them bigger and align them next to my banner, where would I go to do that? Thanks!

Edit: One more thing, actually. In the screenshot above my username gets cut off. Is there a way to increase the character limit before it does that?

Thanks for the kind words :),

try this out in extra.css:

Code:
.Responsive #logoBlock
{
   background-color: transparent;
}
@media (min-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{
   .Responsive .socialicons
   {
       float: none;
       display: inline-block !important;
   }
   .Responsive #logo
   {
       display: inline-block;
   }
   .Responsive .socialicons li a
   {
       font-size: 30px;
   }
}

Thanks for the kind words :),

try this out in extra.css:

Code:
.Responsive #logoBlock
{
   background-color: transparent;
}
@media (min-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{
   .Responsive .socialicons
   {
       float: none;
       display: inline-block !important;
   }
   .Responsive #logo
   {
       display: inline-block;
   }
   .Responsive .socialicons li a
   {
       font-size: 30px;
   }
}

Thanks for the quick response! I got the social media icons looking how I want them, but the header is still wider than I want it (actually, the code you shared just got rid of it completely lol). I want to make it the same width as the navBar. Tried using margins but that messed up the responsiveness of it. Thanks again.

You'll need to target the inner portion:

Code:
.Responsive #logoBlock .pageContent
{
   background-color: #FFF;
}

This will add a background color to

Hi I have correctly inputted details for font-face to be used to replace open sans, I know it works because it did on the default theme.

When I try and input the font name in this theme however I'm left with the font Georgia? Also is there a way to change all instances of open sans at once?

thanks, good theme.

Hi I have correctly inputted details for font-face to be used to replace open sans, I know it works because it did on the default theme.

When I try and input the font name in this theme however I'm left with the font Georgia? Also is there a way to change all instances of open sans at once?

thanks, good theme.

Take a look at: Style Properties -> Flat Awesome Properties, we set the main fonts there. Additionally you may need to change the messages as we leave that default XF: Style Properties -> Message Elements -> Message Text

Really nice style Russ! I've noticed on a clean install that I've go these two outdated templates. How do I resolve the error?

upload_2017-2-4_18-45-56.webp

Error
The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand.

I have a question on backing up all my edits, for ex: when I updated to xenforo 1.5.12 it wiped all my edits and I had to redo them. What can I do?

Also looking into the post-upgrade checks for xenforo "Outdated Templates and Outdated Phrases pages". They said "We currently recommend that you revert any outdated templates or phrases, and redo your customizations"

I have a question on backing up all my edits, for ex: when I updated to xenforo 1.5.12 it wiped all my edits and I had to redo them. What can I do?

Also looking into the post-upgrade checks for xenforo "Outdated Templates and Outdated Phrases pages". They said "We currently recommend that you revert any outdated templates or phrases, and redo your customizations"

As per the readme file as long as you created a child style and put all of your edits in the child style it should keep your changes.

Do you have a child style under Flat Awesome?

Sorry for the late reply. Mistakenly I upload the styles folder and made the child style under the parent. Now I installed the xml file and curious as to how I would now import my old edits into the new theme?

Also when I import my edits into the parent theme do they overwrite the new phrases and templates? Do they cause some errors?

Sorry for the late reply. Mistakenly I upload the styles folder and made the child style under the parent. Now I installed the xml file and curious as to how I would now import my old edits into the new theme?

Also when I import my edits into the parent theme do they overwrite the new phrases and templates? Do they cause some errors?

So a few things, importing styles won't change your phrase system at all.

Next, your style setup should be like:

• Flat Awesome-(Parent DO NOT EDIT)
    • Your custom style
All of your edits need to go inside "your custom style", this way when you upgrade you simply import and overwrite the parent which says DO NOT EDIT. All updates will trickle down to your child style ideally with all your changes left in-tact. As for your old edits I'm not sure if you had the style setup correctly before so I can't really guide you on how to get your old edits back properly other than to just manually re-apply them.

Ok I re did all my edits.. and created a child style. So each time I add new updates I need to remake the child style?

When I upload the xml file and choose overwrite, it applies my child edits into the parent?

Thanks

Ok I re did all my edits.. and created a child style. So each time I add new updates I need to remake the child style?

When I upload the xml file and choose overwrite, it applies my child edits into the parent?

Thanks

Where did you put your edits? I hope in the child style as I mentioned a few times and not in the parent style that says DO NOT EDIT :D.

No each time you upgrade you don't create a child style, not sure where you got that from.

When you upgrade you import and overwrite only the parent, you ideally shouldn't have to touch your child style.

Thanks.

I have one question, I added your dark theme as a child to the light theme. Only the main forum uses the dark theme when you click in a forum or something out of the main page it reverts back to the light theme.

Any ideas? Is there a better way to include a light and dark theme?

Top Bottom