Flarum: the real competitor of XenForo?

Do you like Flarum?

• Yes, it looks and feels nice

• No, I don't like it

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's more of a support forum for a company or something like that (Discourse, NodeBB, Vanilla kinda thing) than a competitor to XenForo. The forum market is also split into submarkets imo. It can't really be a competitor with that kind of functionality.

We have one forum that's more like reddit... the convos are quick and perishable. It's more like expanded chat. I think Flarum would be great for that kind of application. For forums that aren't so perishable, where you're trying to build a body of knowledge and discussion, XF seems much more suitable.

I hate those types of forums. I really hate sitepoint as well. I've always found it confusing and ugly.

I highly doubt the majority of mainstream forums would use that software type.

I will always like the normal style such as phpbb, vbulletin, burning board, xenforo

In fact none of the forums i visit are the flarum style.

Modern design, fresh approach. I wish them good luck :)

Looks very modern. I haven't seen another forum software like this. I also like that that it scrolls infinitely till the last message plus the direct link to the email service provider after registration. :)

ss.webp

Definitely a nice forum software from where we can borrow a few ideas.

I've been using Flarum for 6 months now and I have to admit, I like it so much that I want to convert my forum at some point, when they reach stable release. We've been testing it with a selected group of users and majority of them love it. It's quicker and simpler to use than classic forums and the tag system is clearer than categories/forums/tags. It's also better from moderation standpoint. I've set up a new forum for sound engineers, you can see it in action here: http://faderup.com/

Top Bottom