1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flagging the inactive users

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by AndreaMarucci, May 14, 2014.

1. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

I'm wandering if does exist an addon that let all the users know that a specified user is no more active on the forum.

Since can happen that someone write a PC to a non active user, maybe knowing that does not make someone ask himself why he didn't receive any answer...

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You could use this add-on

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-criteria-by-waindigo.813/

which has a criteria, user hasn't logged on in X days.

With that criteria, you could use a user group promotion to add users to a secondary usergroup that displays a banner with something like "Inactive" or "Gone Walkabout" below their avatars in posts.

Glockie likes this.
  3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

The one issue I can see as a problem is that the inactive user might have email notification when a conversation message is sent.

Contact Details -> Receive email when a new conversation message is received

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

ACP > Email Options

Switch off "Include full message text personal conversation notification emails."
    You could also switch off "Include full message text in watched thread/forum notification emails."

That would mean that the user would have to visit the site to see the contents of these.

5. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Already switched off for the same reason... I'll take a look at the addon...