First Thing You'll do Once Installed

Jonathan

Once you've installed XenForo, what will be the first thing you will do? Import your old forum? Change the style? Invite all your friends for a big party?

I will probably import my old forum, and have some people play on it with me but at the same time just test things on it like the skin and the back end... man I'm excited

Start making a custom theme and get feel for how far I can take it. Then playing around with it for a while and having my developer buddy look into making plugins for me! :)

1st thing: Import from vB to see if it works.
2nd thing: Post here when it doesn't ;)
3rd thing: Have a play with colours, customise it, add my logo
4th thing: Show my moderators and let them have a play
5th thing: Have a think about getting a lot of static content into the xF pages, see how this works and hangs together

Then wait for it to come out of Beta (so there will be official support if it goes tits up) and repeat all of the above "live"

Once you've installed XenForo, what will be the first thing you will do?
I will get down on my knees and thank the baby JESUS that deliverance has arrived. Then I'll kiss an Arab, full on the lips, and dance around a sunflower with Kim Jong-il and Fidel Castro.

When we get tired of dancing we will go to a restaurant and dine on platters of filet mignon until we can't chew any longer, and drink fine Kentucky bourbon until our servants have to lead us to our beds to collapse. In the morning we will board a helicopter and fly over Afghanistan dropping food and Scientology literature, stopping only long enough for a lunch of campfire roasted camel and palm wine. Then, after a hard day such as that, well, you wouldn't deny us a visit to a harem, would you?

Oh, sorry, you asked about the first thing. Pay no mind to the rest of that.

Top Bottom