1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Test for an Exploit Attempt on my Server

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lawrence, May 13, 2011.

1. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I feel honored:

Code:
    [Thu May 12 16:22:25 2011] [error] [client 46.137.111.175] File does not exist: /home/wwwxxxx/public_html/MyAdmin
    [Thu May 12 16:22:23 2011] [error] [client 46.137.111.175] File does not exist: /home/wwwxxxx/public_html/myadmin
    [Thu May 12 16:22:23 2011] [error] [client 46.137.111.175] File does not exist: /home/wwwxxxx/public_html/pma
    [Thu May 12 16:22:21 2011] [error] [client 46.137.111.175] File does not exist: /home/wwwxxxx/public_html/phpmyadmin
    [Thu May 12 16:22:21 2011] [error] [client 46.137.111.175] File does not exist: /home/wwwxxxx/public_html/phpMyAdmin
    [Thu May 12 16:22:21 2011] [error] [client 46.137.111.175] File does not exist: /home/wwwxxxx/public_html/w00tw00t.at.blackhats.romanian.anti-sec:)
    Notice the time frame, and notice the use of caps when one attempt to find a file failed. Definitely a bot. IIRC, isn't the exploit they are looking for an old one?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

:LOL: at the last entry

3. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Looks like they were just trying to find a PHP My Admin installation... I get them all the time.

4. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Gotta love those script kiddies.

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

I get those attacks all the time :(

This came off a note from my server on Tuesday. Gees :(

3 failed login attempts from IP: 91.224.160.12

Last user attempted: admin

6. Lawrence

and I thought I was special, :rolleyes:

Kaiser likes this.
  7. MGSteve

Sorry, sadly not. I even get them on my Dev server which isn't supposed to be resolved to by any domain name, often they simply probe IPs for a HTTP server and try and attack when they do.

Mind you, have to laugh when they try Frontpage exploits on a Linux box.

8. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Sounds like some script kiddie playing with Metasploit

9. MGSteve

Yeah, I doubt anyone actually attacks manually these days, use the scripts to find the weak ones and then focus manual efforts on them.

Mind you if you install something like phpmyadmin onto a non password protected site (at the least) then you're asking for trouble really!

10. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

These bots work just like googlebot but they scan the whole web loooking for certain scripts/backdoors. My logs are full of them.

11. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Oh you are speciaL Lawrence :ROFLMAO:

12. Lawrence

My first logged attempt in 8 years... my SEO practices must be improving, :p

ahhh, thanks, you are too, :cool: