1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Stab at XF Theming

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adrian Schneider, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Adrian Schneider

Adrian Schneider Active Member

I've been trying to merge in Twitter Bootstrap (which the rest of the site is designed in) into the forum theme, and I think I've struck a working balance.

[​IMG]

Thoughts so far? I'll try and post some more images later on as the other areas mature a bit more.

Alien, Valhalla, geminiusa and 10 others like this.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Looks great.

3. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Very clean and minimal - I like it (y)

4. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Really happy to have you back in the swing of things forum wise @Adrian Schneider

Theme looks great.

Adrian Schneider likes this.
  5. mistypants

mistypants Well-Known Member

This is lovely. :) Really amazing work!

6. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Andrian,
    Great to see you back here and get XF under your wings. You created some custom addon for my under VB.
    Look forward to seeing more of your work.

7. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

Clam and relaxing. I like it.

8. Adrian Schneider

Sage Knight, Itworx4me and arms like this.
  9. arms

arms Active Member

Love it. As many people are bridging WordPress I'm sure there would be a market for this theme.

10. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Too light for my tastes - but that's personal preference. It has an unusual layout and seeing something different like that is always a good thing. Well done (y)

11. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

I think it's great.

Love the layout, the simplicity. Just a few errors from what I can see quickly going over it, but they seems to be relatively quick fixes. Great work. I could definitely see myself playing around with this base and using this for projects.

arms likes this.
  12. geminiusa

geminiusa Member

Is this theme available anywhere to download adrian ?

13. Adrian Schneider

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm still on the fence whether or not I want to share the theme. There is a lot of maintenance involved since it modifies a ton of core templates, but if the interest is there perhaps I'll consider it.

This one was a labor of love. Theme development is not something I'm interested in, but tweaking your own site is often the exception. :)

Valhalla, DEZero and JVCode like this.
  14. geminiusa

geminiusa Member

Wait, you needed to edit core files and not just theme files to accomplish the look. Wow during upgrades. Great work in any case friend.

15. Adrian Schneider

No, just templates. I didn't have to edit any PHP files, though there are some new plug-ins added for things like showing thread contributors, or the forum tree in more areas.

Don't worry, I'm not that crazy. :)

geminiusa likes this.
  16. geminiusa

geminiusa Member

I show interest as i am just starting a site using WP and XF and the WP theme is almost those colors. see the link below.

http://www.geminiusa.net

there is not content yet just a shell really until tomorrow. That theme would be a great head start.