XF 1.4 First problem with the forum. Post not showing anything. Blank browser screen!?

flowerpot132

Weird. But when I click on some thread titles the page shows nothing, as in the whole page is blank white. Only happens on some and can't work out why. Any ideas, much appreciated.

It may have started when I filtered the discussion by views to see which posts had the most views, I then clicked on the top one and that is when I saw nothing. Might not be related, but thought I would mention it.

Ok run health check and says:

File Health Check
Potential Problems
  1. library/Waindigo/Listener/InitDependencies/20140612.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  2. library/Waindigo/Listener/Template/20140612.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  3. library/Waindigo/Listener/InitDependencies/20150101.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  4. library/Waindigo/Listener/Template/20150101.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  5. library/Waindigo/Listener/InitDependencies/20140722.phpFile does not contain expected contents.
  6. library/Waindigo/Listener/Template/20140722.phpFile does not contain expected contents.

Server Error Logs
No errors have been logged.

Those file issues are related to waindigo add-ons so you will have to contact the developer about that.

I'm not sure that would cause certain threads to show blank pages though.

Have you tried editing config.php to show errors as it states in the FAQ?

You need to do some checks as listed in the FAQ and also the server error log.

If you don't know how to do that, your host should be able to help.

Not sure on all that. I'm still under the first year support for the licence. Is this the support?
The purchased support is ticket support. This is general community support that the devs and moderators also respond to. No matter, you're still expected to carry out some troubleshooting yourself first, particularly when directed to do so by one of the XenForo team, ticket support doesn't mean they will log in and fix every issue that is raised.

Ok cool, just checking. That's fine, but I'm not technical to do those checks and the first suggestion from Xenforo team was to pin it on addons. I have done all the checks I can do in the FAQs.

the first suggestion from Xenforo team was to pin it on addons
That's not correct.
What I actually said was:
Those file issues are related to waindigo add-ons so you will have to contact the developer about that.

I'm not sure that would cause certain threads to show blank pages though.

Have you tried editing config.php to show errors as it states in the FAQ?

It states exactly what you need to do in the FAQ.

4. I see a blank page, is there any way of seeing more details to identify the cause of the problem?
A blank page is sometimes due to a suppressed error. Edit the library/config.php file and add the following:
PHP:
ini_set('display_errors', true);
Or if you are on an Apache server, add this to the .htaccess file:
Code:
php_value display_errors 1

Top Bottom