First load into cache is VERY slow (60 seconds+)

RobParker

In trying to diagnose performance issues I've noticed something slightly strange.

The very first load of XF on my test board can take a LONG time, e.g. 60 seconds+. The next load takes 0.2 seconds.

We have APC running and I wondered if we have something configured wrong for it to take that long. As soon as everything is loaded into cache it's a lot quicker but once the next day (once the cache has expired, etc) then the first load is very slow again.

Maybe I wasn't clear, the first load by anyone is very slow, after that everyone else's first/subsequent loads are fine.

As I'm the only one to log on to my dev install it's more apparent, as my first load is always the "global" first load but you wouldn't see it on our live site unless you were the first one to load any page after the cache was cleared.

I was more wondering is this normal or does it suggest APC is configured wrongly or something.

Maybe I wasn't clear, the first load by anyone is very slow, after that everyone else's first/subsequent loads are fine.

As I'm the only one to log on to my dev install it's more apparent, as my first load is always the "global" first load but you wouldn't see it on our live site unless you were the first one to load any page after the cache was cleared.

I was more wondering is this normal or does it suggest APC is configured wrongly or something.
So it's not the first load of every visitor but instead just when the cache is hit the first time? That does sound like it's related to your caching system.

I'm not familiar with APC, we use xcache.

Top Bottom