First Install: 2.1 Beta or 2.0.11?

frm

Looking to install XenForo 2 and start from scratch.

With the 'one-click' upgrade in 2.1, is it suggested to run a 2.1 beta in a private production until fully developed for public release or would you install 2.0.11 and setup from there? It seems as if by the time I get the production running, 2.1 will have all the third-party addons that I need supported. I'm only concerned about the theme that I purchased at the moment, but it isn't a deal breaker as I need to familiarize myself with XF first, above and beyond what the demo gave me -- so 2.1 beta or 2.0.11?

Also, I turned off .htaccess because they're a drag. I tried getting nginx to work for me without avail so I reverted to what I knew best and it's working. How many .htaccess files are there for XenForo to throw into the httpd conf? And does each addon (for the most part) include its own .htaccess? I'm still a novice, so I hope my terminolgy used is understandable for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Mentally preparing before purchase, so I don't expect much more than "yes", "no" or basic forum owner suggestion due to not seeking technical support at the moment.

@frm if you want a bit of help ask the mods here via the customer service portal and they can do the hard work for you. It costs no more than $50
This is a fairly old thread and installation is no problem for me. It was just me trying to decide, at the time, whether I wanted to go with the stable release of 2.0.12 or to go with 2.1 beta (4/5/6/RC1/RC2) as a new forum (0 members). I ended up installing the beta and upgrading along the way, having little to no issues.

Thanks though.

That was released in 2012. :unsure: Also it is for XF1. For XF2 use this addon,

Top Bottom