First day fully live GREAT! but the emails OH!

Morgain

It's all been very exciting as I sat up last night to notify the most active of our previous members that the forum is ready. Bit rough edged, but ready.

The emailing out was pretty good - nice sleek form. Great.
But to my horror they weren't getting any link back to the forum!!!! It just looked like an ordinary email.
I'm going to have to do it again, emphasising the URL I put in manually. A lot of them just wrote back to ME with just the kind of friendly responses I wanted IN THE FORUM. GRRRR!

I need an option on admin email to NOT allow Replies back to me. Does that mean just leaving out a Reply to address?

Also the notification emails going out are not at all useful. The View This Thread button is not good. Far too discreet.
It needs to be central at top AND bottom of the email, stronger colour, and an explanation next to it to click it to visit and see the latest.
But I can't find that button anywhere to edit it.

Bit tired and frustrated a lot of work wasted. But still happy to get going.

I plan on using
Default Email Address: webmaster@
with an autoreply that tells people their email will go unanswered and if they have questions, use the contact link on the website and at the same time it goes into the trash.

Bounced Email Address: bounces@

Im the same with cpanel. Used a donotreply email address. Also if you actually name it donotreply@ then not as many people reply due to seeing this I tend to find.

The emailing out was pretty good - nice sleek form. Great.
But to my horror they weren't getting any link back to the forum!!!! It just looked like an ordinary email.
I'm going to have to do it again, emphasising the URL I put in manually. A lot of them just wrote back to ME with just the kind of friendly responses I wanted IN THE FORUM. GRRRR!
As others mentioned, you can do an auto-reply letting them know there is no human behind the email.

Even so, we STILL get users replying back... so I decided I'm just going to not have the email show the post/conversation message... only a link to it. That way there will be less confusion for people and make it *really* clear (hopefully) that it's nothing more than a notification email.

As others mentioned, you can do an auto-reply letting them know there is no human behind the email.

Even so, we STILL get users replying back... so I decided I'm just going to not have the email show the post/conversation message... only a link to it. That way there will be less confusion for people and make it *really* clear (hopefully) that it's nothing more than a notification email.

must admit have thought of doing this myself

Top Bottom