• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed Firebug issue

Renada

Hi,

Just recently having Firebug enabled stops overlays working on my site. I know it must be something on my site because the overlays work just fine here with Firebug enabled.

Can anyone tell me where to start looking for this problem?

Renada

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If you know how to use the console in Firebug then you can try checking for errors when triggering JS events.

Otherwise disable any add-ons one at a time and/or remove any custom JavaScript until the problem is resolved.

Renada

If you know how to use the console in Firebug then you can try checking for errors when triggering JS events.

Otherwise disable any add-ons one at a time and/or remove any custom JavaScript until the problem is resolved.

What Kevin suggested worked. Do you have any idea why that would suddenly happen?

Renada :)

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I can only reproduce this when I have the console, script, and net tabs closed, but with FF's built in web console, I was able to track this down. I simply removed the line in question - it's not particularly important.