Finding Advertisers

dvduval

Honestly, I am not strongly motivated to work hard to find advertisers. My forums turn a profit, though not huge. I have other ways I make money. That being said I do like money. :)

I have my own ad system where people can buy ads 125x125 on the side, or a header image on the top (same method for both sites). When I don't have purchased ads to serve, it serves Google Adsense instead. Today I got an email from a company called Ezoic offering to help me grow my adspace, saying they generally increase revenue by 60-80%. Call my skeptical, but just mentioning this.

Are there good ways to let advertisers know you have ad space available? Just leave Google Ads up there and forget about it? What sizes and placements work best without upsetting the users?

Today I got an email from a company called Ezoic offering to help me grow my adspace, saying they generally increase revenue by 60-80%. Call my skeptical, but just mentioning this.

I know this isn't your question, but Ezoic are totally legit. They've increased my revenue many times over.

Any downsides?
Ex. Low quality ads, user experience, do follow link requirements

Site speed is up and down, but nothing that affects bounce rate or time on site.
It'll definitely work best on long pages with lots of content. I don't use it on XF, but on WordPress.

Follow Google strategy, offer them one month free
That's a good idea. So maybe I could sort of create a campaign to seek out some of the people in the industry that I know advertising another sites, and simply offer them a free month. Or maybe to keep them serious I would offer them the first month for $5.

Ezoic reached out to me as well, but it looks like we're not going to work out :cautious:

Initially I was the delay, moving my site to a new server and then taking the family on vacation. When I got back and settled Ezoic had difficulty answering my questions regarding their DNS and forcing content through an outside proxy (similar to Cloudflare). Ezoic never fully understood what I was asking.

I suggested trying their Javascript alternative as a temporary test, but they haven't responded since. Might check back in with the again.

When I need to grow revenue, I reach out to a list of business and previous advertisers. There is always someone wanting to sell something.

Ezoic reached out to me as well, but it looks like we're not going to work out :cautious:

Initially I was the delay, moving my site to a new server and then taking the family on vacation. When I got back and settled Ezoic had difficulty answering my questions regarding their DNS and forcing content through an outside proxy (similar to Cloudflare). Ezoic never fully understood what I was asking.

I suggested trying their Javascript alternative as a temporary test, but they haven't responded since. Might check back in with the again.

When I need to grow revenue, I reach out to a list of business and previous advertisers. There is always someone wanting to sell something.
Thank you for your answer. I feel more comfortable reaching out to people in the industry and having a relationship with them, rather than having some third-party Advertiser putting the ads on my site for me. When things slow down for my core business when things slow down for my core business in the fall I will set up a program like this to reach out to advertisers.

Top Bottom