1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Find Your Posts in a Thread (unsupported)

Quick and easy way to find all your posts in one thread

1. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

yolulz submitted a new resource:

Find Your Posts in a Thread (version 1.0) - quick and easy way to find all your posts in one thread

Read more about this resource...

vVv likes this.
  2. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Very interesting. The only problem I see is that the link to see my posts appear also in the threads where I've not posted anything. Can you fix it?

Garamond likes this.
  3. Matthew Hawley

Currently working on it.

4. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Fantastic work on this.

As an edit to the install instructions, you should let people who don't know code how to space the add-in items. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to left-align, align with the text below, etc.. I sort of lucked into it by default.

5. time

time Active Member

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$canWatchThread}">
    <a href="{xen:link 'threads/watch-confirm', $thread}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="false">{xen:if $thread.thread_is_watched, '{xen:phrase unwatch_thread}', '{xen:phrase watch_thread}'}</a>
    <label><a href="{xen:link search/search, '', 'type=post', 'thread_id={$thread.thread_id}', 'users={$visitor.username}'}">Your Posts</a></label>
    </xen:if>

6. Matthew Hawley

;)

time likes this.
  7. Matthew Hawley

8. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

What about if you reply but dont watch the thread?

9. Matthew Hawley

If you reply you will automatically watch it...sense you replied to this thread (assuming you didn't click watch) you will receive an update saying that I have replied to this thread.

10. AndreaMarucci

What's that?

11. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

No. I replied here but not watching this thread. I don't get alerts about this thread at all.

12. AndreaMarucci

Forget about my preevious post that I've deleted. I'm not able to apply this patch using TMS. I've searched for

Code:
                <a href="{xen:link 'threads/watch-confirm', $thread}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="false">{xen:if $thread.thread_is_watched, '{xen:phrase unwatch_thread}', '{xen:phrase watch_thread}'}</a>
    replaced with

Code:
    <label><a href="{xen:link search/search, '', 'type=post', 'thread_id={$thread.thread_id}', 'users={$visitor.username}'}">I miei Post </a></label>
    in thread_view template but nothing happens. Any suggestion on how to do it correctly in TMS?

Thanks!

13. AndreaMarucci

Ok I was able to make it work using TMS. Problem is that the label appear always, also on thread where I've not replied to. As you can see I've not replied to the second and third thread, for example, but the label "I miei Post" (Your post) also appear on these threads; same as before. Any suggestion?

Screenshot 2013-04-04 alle 12.44.50.png

14. AndreaMarucci

There's something I really don't understand. I've replaced the string with a little image and I've tried many times. If I enter a forum I see the image to find my post in any case, if I've posted or not. If I enter a thread I see the image at the top right also in any case, if I've posted or not. Just what I've said in the post before: I'm expecting to see the image or string only if I've posted in that thread, isn't this correct?

15. Matthew Hawley

Code:
    <label><a href="{xen:link search/search, '', 'type=post', 'thread_id={$thread.thread_id}', 'users={$visitor.username}'}">Your Posts</a></label>
    Use this

16. Mutt

Mutt Well-Known Member

for tms do a preg_replace

search for
    Code:
    #<xen:if is="{\$canWatchThread}">#s
    replace with
    Code:
    the only diff is it will put the link before the watch threads link

17. AndreaMarucci

Sorry folks but no one of these method works. I really don't know why. Here's two screenshot for the two modifications. Can you please tell me what's wrong?

Screenshot 2013-04-04 alle 15.53.41.png Screenshot 2013-04-04 alle 15.53.56.png

18. Mutt

Mutt Well-Known Member

I only did the 2nd edit but you have it exactly as I do. I haven't done the xen update yet. (i don't even think I did the last one.) maybe the thread_view template changed. can you post the contents of the "original template" field so I can check it?

19. AndreaMarucci

Thank for your support. I've version 1.1.2 of XF and I've attached here the contents of the two templates

Attached Files:

20. Mutt

Mutt Well-Known Member

looks like it should work

- make sure the template mod you made is in the same style as you are browsing the forum
    - that the mod is checked
    - that it says its been applied 1 time

Screenshot_1.png