1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed 'Find older messages' gives confusing results

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Grover, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

I might have found a bug:

- On my profile I go to 'Find all threads by Grover', the result is a list of 6 pages,
    - I go to page 6 and there it says on the bottom: 'Showing results 101 to 118 of 118',
    - But there's still a link saying 'find older messages', so I click on this: the result is 4 items (3 posts and 1 profile post).

Not sure if this a bug, it's just kinda confusing that I search for all the threads I started and when it founds and displays all 118 items, the software still provides a link for 'find older messages' and then gives me a list of 3 posts and 1 profile posts. (Which are not threads)

You wouldn't expect the link (because all the 118 items are already displayed) and in relation to the search, the results of 3 posts and 1 profile posts do not make sense.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Should have a fix for this in place - the find older messages link never took any limited content type into account.
    Eagle, Slavik and Grover like this.