XF 1.5 Find all posts by Username

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with the "Find all posts by *username*" links from the user profile pages, although rather strangely it only appears to be affecting a single user.

I, as an Admin, can click the link, and having eventually gone through the cycle of clicking "find older messages" at the bottom end up at the first thread the user created after joining. However when a standard 'Registered' member looks it only shows 17 results, the oldest dating back to October 2015 with no option to view more. I have checked, the other threads are not in any sort of secret forum or anything, it is a forum that anyone has permissions to view.

I can't be sure but having inspected a number of users, both from my test accont with ordinary member permissions, and as an Admin. It is only the one user that is doing this.

Am running enhanced search 1.1.7 and xenForo 1.5.7. We ported from vBulletin 3.8 about a fortnight ago.

Many thanks

Hi Andy,

I already have the official Enhanced Search feature installed and operational. The issue is not with searching using the search feature but clicking the button to "Find all threads by *username*" on the user's profile page under the "Postings" tab, so I do not think installing an Addon will fix it, it appears to be a bug (or perhaps a Permissions issue, but I cannot see anything obvious). When my test account, which has the ordinary members' permissions does this, it only returns 15 results, the oldest of which dates back to 2015. When my Admin account does this, it returns several hundred results, the first of which dates back to 2009 when the member originally joined. The older threads are in public forums that my test account, and this user, also has permissions to view.

It only affects one user that I have identified.

I have tried this and it doesn't work. Interestingly my test account only returns 15 results yet his account returns 18 results. My own Admin account returns all his posts, several hundred of which exist. Other users with the same permissions as him appear correctly, on both Admin and normal Registered accounts.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/members/crossover.4084/ is the User's profile.

I registered on your forum:

These are the results when I click the two different links:

Find all Content = 8 pages of results
Find all Threads = 18 results

I registered on your forum:

These are the results when I click the two different links:

Find all Content = 8 pages of results
Find all Threads = 18 results
Hi Andy,

Yes I believe that is replicating what the user in question is seeing. The oldest post being one dating from 25th October 2015. However this is incorrect and there are much older threads, which I can see when viewing the page as an Admin. The older threads are not in some kind of private staff forum so should be visible to all users, but they aren't.

The reason I suggest you install the Advanced Search add-on is that it will verify where the problem is. If the Advanced Search can see what you see as an admin, then indeed something incorrect with the Enhanced Search.

Hi Andy,

I installed the Advanced Search Addon and it finds all posts by that user, on both my ordinary member, and Admin Account. I ran the ordinary search again and it still behaves incorrectly as described above.

Which version of ElasticSearch and Enhanced Search are you running?

Oh just read in post #1:

Am running enhanced search 1.1.7 and xenForo 1.5.7.

Elasticsearch says 5.6.3 under the Elasticsearch setup page on AdminCP.

I’ve also changed the settings to how yours appear, then deleted and rebuilt the index, and it’s still not working.

Top Bottom