1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

final XF version ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by erich37, Jan 4, 2011.

  1. erich37

    erich37 Well-Known Member

    is there any approimate timeline as to when the final (non Beta) XF-Software is out ?

    Many thanks,
  2. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    As the developers have stated numerous times, they are unable to give a date or timeline as that raises expectations, results in disappointed customers when the date isn't met and puts undue pressure on them to get the product released before it is ready.
  3. erich37

    erich37 Well-Known Member

    yeah, I understand this.
    I just mean an approximate guidline like 6 months or 1 year or something......
  4. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Well until last weekend I was saying next year, so how about this year ;)

    We've all seen how quick it has gone from Alpha to Beta5 so I don't imagine it will be too long.
  5. bogus

    bogus Guest

    It should last as long as it just needs. Well, not till we gather dust but nobody wants a 2nd vb4 (if its allowed to write this)
  6. Kier

    Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

    We have decided to add a little more functionality that we consider is missing, but until we made that decision, we were aiming for the next version to be a Release Candidate. Therefore I would not expect a very long wait before we declare a stable version.
    Tomble, twollert, James and 27 others like this.
  7. erich37

    erich37 Well-Known Member

    fine, take your time.
    I was just wondering whether I should upgrade from my Beta5 towards Beta5 or whether I should wait for the stable release. This is where my question was coming from.
    I just upgraded to Beta5 and it works like a charme [​IMG]
  8. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    As each new (Beta) release comes with increased functionality and bug fixes, it's recommended to upgrade as soon as possible, rather than remaining on previous versions for extended periods.
  9. Teddy Scott

    Teddy Scott Active Member

  10. captainslater

    captainslater Well-Known Member

    He meant Beta 2 -> Beta 5.
    erich37 and Teddy Scott like this.

Share This Page