Filtering out Forums / Section from ****** (Adv. Latest Post Block) Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

faeronsayn

So I have a lot of my members who are annoyed with threads that are coming up from another section. That section's threads do not even need to come up to the latest posts, since they aren't really discussions.

So my question is, anyone that has any PHP knowledge could help me filter a section out?

The category ID of that section is 114, if its possible to make it so filtering the category out would filter out all the forums underneath that category would be best.

I actually looked through the templates for this Mod.

For example here is a template that is related to show the latest posts...

Code:
<div class="******AdvStats_SectionItem ******AdvStats_Thread">

<div class="******AdvStats_SectionItemBlock ******AdvStats_SectionItemTitle ******AdvStats_ThreadTitle{xen:if '{$thread.isNew}', ' new'}">
<a href="{xen:link '{xen:if '{$thread.isNew}', 'threads/unread', 'threads'}', {$thread}}">
<xen:if is="@******AdvStats_ThreadTitleChars > 0">
{xen:helper wordtrim, {$thread.title}, 55}

<xen:else />
{$thread.title}
</xen:if>
</a>

</div>
<div class="forumtitle">
<a href="{xen:link 'forums', {xen:array 'node_id={$thread.node_id}', 'title={$thread.forum_title}'}}">{xen:helper wordtrim,{$thread.forum_title}, 20}</a>
</div>
<div class="******AdvStats_SectionItemBlock ******AdvStats_SectionItemInfo ******AdvStats_ThreadPoster">
                <a href="{xen:link forums, $post}">{$post.node_title}</a></td>
<xen:username user="$thread" rich="true" />

</div>

</div>

I used the following condition to try to filter out the category I wanted by wrapping this condition

<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == x">
All the temaplate code went in here....
<xen:if>

That didn't work, it didn't filter it out for me.

I then dived into the PHP code hoping to find something. I tried things but it didn't work for me, so if anyone has any idea on how to do this. Please help me.

I attached the plugin i am talking about below so you can test it your self.

<Removed by Brogan as there is no permission to redistribute the add-on.>

Why don't you just use the Include threads from this forum when users click "What's New?" option for the nodes?

I've done that already, and they are actually filtered in the Whats New page. The problem is the latest post block. They really like this latest post block because it updates the threads / latest posts without refreshing the page, which is quite nice. Problem is it won't filter out some of the sections that I don't want on it, thats why I am having some trouble.

Latest post block?
If that's an add-on then you need to contact the developer to introduce that functionality or I can move this to development discussions if it's your own add-on which you need help with.

Latest post block?
If that's an add-on then you need to contact the developer to introduce that functionality or I can move this to development discussions if it's your own add-on which you need help with.

Its not my own add-on, and the developer I am sure has stopped updating this mod. His site is ******, and I he hasn't been very active there, or here for that matter.

As I have already stated, you will need to contact the original developer of the add-on.

Re-factoring of add-ons is not permitted without the explicit consent of the original developer.

Besides which, this is from a nulled site so it shouldn't have been posted anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom