Filtering content in template

AnthonyT

Hi everyone,

I’ve developed an Add-On using the template_hook code event listener.
My purpose is to filter the content of some templates in certain parts of the website. I did it almost everywhere I need, except for two places “Recent Activity” and “Postings” on the Member profile page.
To access the text inside the template I’m using the following syntax :

PHP:
public static function template_hook ($hookName, &$contents, array $hookParams, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)

{

if($hookName == “my_template”) $contents = filter($contents)

}

The problem in these cases(“Recent Activity” and “Postings”) is that changing the $content variable the templates don’t change so I don’t know how to change the relative content

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Thanks Jake,

The post you suggested is very useful specially after spending most of my time finding the right hook :) but my current problem is to find the container variable not the hook.
I've tried to filter everywhere regardless the hook and it works fine except for the locations I told you on my post : “Recent Activity” and “Postings” on the Member profile page so I guess I’m using the wrong one for that particular template .
When I do the following

PHP:
public static function template_hook ($hookName, &$contents, array $hookParams, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
{
$contents = filter($contents) // it filter everywhere
}

My content is filtered in every place but the tabs in object. My question is :
Is $content the right variable to filter?
Is there any other variable which contains the data?
I attach a couple of screenshots to explain you clearly.
The first one is an example if filtered content while the others are not filtered

Attachments

• filtered.webp
    filtered.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 9
  • not_filtered_1.webp
    not_filtered_1.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 9
  • not_filtered_2.webp
    not_filtered_2.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom