1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Files accidentally deleted, re-uploaded & receiving an error

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by WhoIsDo, Nov 12, 2013.

1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

After an accident that caused me to delete the wrong files, I re-uploaded the files for my forum. It appears, however, that it didn't quite work as well as I thought because I'm experiencing the following error:

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /home4/**********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 521

Any idea what this issue is trying to tell me? Thanks!

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you disable add-ons, does it still occur?

3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

To disable all your add-ons, add the following into your config.php file.

$config['enableListeners'] = false;

4. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Thanks for the tip. I've disabled all add-ons like @Jeremy recommended but the issue is still there.

5. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I assume you accidentally deleted the Xenforo directory only. When you re-uploaded the XenForo directories, were they from the same version of XenForo?

6. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

The entire Xenforo installation was deleted, but I re-uploaded the same version of Xenforo.

7. Jeremy

Have you reuploaded the entirety of your library folder? Including all add-ons?

8. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

It looks like I may have missed an add-on, so now I can view the forum again. The images for avatars seem to be broken at this point, however.

[Edit] To clarify, the avatars only seem to be broken for users who actually uploaded them.

9. Jeremy

The avatars were stored in the /data/ directory. Did you remove the two data directories as well?

10. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Yeah. Unfortunately, the entire Xenforo installation was deleted :/.

11. Jeremy

Then the only way to retrieve them and attachments is via a back up.

WhoIsDo likes this.