Not a bug File xenforo.js full not working

AndyB

In v1.2b5 when I copy the following file:

/library/js/xenforo/full/xenforo.js

to

/library/js/xenforo/xenforo.js

The editor window will not display when I try to edit a users message.

This is as designed (actually, it does seem like jQuery.Migrate is missing from the full JS). The minified xenforo.js that ships with XenForo has a lot of those other files merged into it. If you really want to use the full source, you need to enable debug mode and under the debug options, adjust the appropriate JavaScript source setting.

Note: This will cause a slight decrease in performance (larger files).

Last edited:
The minified xenforo.js that ships with XenForo has a lot of those other files merged into it to reduce HTTP requests.

Hi King Kovifor,

Interesting, that was not the case with v1.1.3 as I ran it with the full version of xenforo.js just fine. Was there a change in v1.2x ??

The reason I would like to run the full version of xenforo.js is so that I can edit the file. I would like to completely remove the overlay trigger for usernames and avatars.

You can just disable overlays in the style variables for that, can't you?
This disables them everywhere.

Hi King Kovifor,

Interesting, that was not the case with v1.1.3 as I ran it with the full version of xenforo.js just fine. Was there a change in v1.2x ??

The reason I would like to run the full version of xenforo.js is so that I can edit the file. I would like to completely remove the overlay trigger for usernames and avatars.
Use the option described above if you want the non-minified versions to be used.

Hi King Kovifor,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to explain how to use the non-minified version, that worked perfect. I'm really impressed with your knowledge of Xenforo.

Using the full .js files requires the following:

1) Put in debug mode (this allows Debug Options to be visible)
2) Admin CP -> Options -> Debug Options

Select Use uncompressed files from js/xenforo/full/

pic001.webp
3) Take out of debug mode

Top Bottom