Fixed File health check report error

Did you make sure those health checks weren't issued before Beta 2? Because the fix for them came with the Beta 2 update. Health checks performed in Beta 1 are corrupted.

Did you make sure those health checks weren't issued before Beta 2? Because the fix for them came with the Beta 2 update. Health checks performed in Beta 1 are corrupted.

I tried with clean install too. Of course i edited a file for making health problem

Last edited:
after doing this 3 errors shown
src/XF/Entity/FileCheck.php unexpected content

styles/default/xenforo/favicon.ico unexpected content
style/default/xenfofo/logo.og.png unexpected content

Is this to worry about or is it OK

I am using beta 2 on live site.

So far performance is great no issue reported by users.

after doing this 3 errors shown
src/XF/Entity/FileCheck.php unexpected content

styles/default/xenforo/favicon.ico unexpected content
style/default/xenfofo/logo.og.png unexpected content

Is this to worry about or is it OK

I am using beta 2 on live site.

So far performance is great no issue reported by users.

You can ignore the error for the src/XF/Entity/FileCheck.php file - you changed the file, so it's expected to fail the check.

As for the other two files, it's recommended that you change the path to the image file in the style properties rather than replacing the files.

Liam

Thanks,
I placed original images back to directory and errors are gone now.

Why i cant able to replace it, in 1.5 i replaced original logo with my logo and do not had a error.

Do filecheck.php unexpected content can cause any error or is it Ok to have that error

The file health check error is not necessarily a problem, but it might conceal a real problem if you get too used to seing the message. It is not recommended to overwrite any core files as you might accidentally override them in the future with an update. Storing those images elsewhere on your server and changing the style properties and options as needed is the correct way to do it.

All my errors are in the addon.json files. (unexpected content)
Before I go any further, I did upgrade to XF2 b2 and not full clean install. :unsure:
I am going to start a clean install see if that resolves the issue for me.

This was a regression, fixed in the next release.

To fix, edit the file src/XF/Entity/FileCheck.php and find:
PHP:
if ($this->check_state != 'success')
And change to:
PHP:
if ($this->check_state == 'success')
It's my favorite when I think my filesystem adapters broke something, only to find out it wasn't me. :)

Don't change the image files. Change the path to the image files via style properties.

The entire point of the system is to notify you of any core files that have changed, so if you change the files, they will be reported as such.

Don't change the image files. Change the path to the image files via style properties.

The entire point of the system is to notify you of any core files that have changed, so if you change the files, they will be reported as such.

Ah, will do. thanks.

Top Bottom