fgets() fwrite() in Xenforo error log

Andy.N

I have been getting dozen of these errors in Xenforo server log. I know Mike and Kier are busy working on XF 1.1 so I will try this venue first before sending them a ticket.

I notice that all of these errors come from the Mail class and looking at the detail of each error, it resulted from actions that will generate an email from the server (such as when a member sends another member a PC which will generate an email notification).

And it's important to note that I use Google STMP service instead of the server email.

Here are the errors I get (just posting the message)

• fgets(): SSL: Connection reset by peer library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:364
  • fwrite(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1409F07F:SSL routines:SSL3_WRITE_PENDING:bad write retry library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:324
  • fwrite(): SSL: Broken pipe library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:324

Are any emails getting out?

This looks like a failed SMTP connection. Possible causes include:

1) A problem with OpenSSL on your server.

2) Wrong port. I found reports of people fixing this problem by changing the SMTP port:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287

If you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port (465 or 587).

Google only allows 465 with SSL doesn't it?
That's correct. The link Jake posted make it look like you can change the port but it does not work
If you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port (465 or 587).

I think that just means to switch from one to the other, for those who aren't sure if they're using SSL or not.

From the same page:

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS3 or SSL
Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
Port for SSL: 465

hi gusie, here similar problem. the email from my forum wotked like a charm before, today 3 pages of error and we have no touched/modify nothig since days:

• ErrorException: Email to xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.it failed: [E_WARNING] fwrite(): SSL: Broken pipe
  • src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:240
all errors are identical. but with may different email address that i think have no received notification from forum.

now i have:

• ErrorException: Push notification failure: {"success":false,"endpoint":{},"message":"cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds (see http:\/\/curl.haxx.se\/libcurl\/c\/libcurl-errors.html)"}
  • src/XF/Error.php:75

Top Bottom