Resource icon

[FF] StopForumSpam Flag Selector 1.0.2

No permission to download

benFF

benFF submitted a new resource:

[FF] StopForumSpam Flag Selector - Choose which user flags to use for spam checks

Out the box XenForo checks Username, Email and IP address against the SFS database.

This isn't ideal as (IMHO) a username isn't really that unique.

This add-on lets you choose which flags are used for the moderate and reject warning flag count.

View attachment 276498

I personally just check Email and IP - which means I can moderate registrations with 1 flag detected and reject registrations with 2.

Read more about this resource...

OMG!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

This has been driving me crazy!! I LOVE the SFS, bug we're getting SO MUCH false positive matches on username that it's been driving us crazy. Perfectly valid users, trying register as "Tom" or "Alex" are disallowed just because of their name. I suppose that I could increase the threshold above '1', but I want to be rigorous, just not with their name.

So, again... Thank you thank you!!

/Steve Gibson.

I like to be able to reject on email address (since that's pretty unique) and require approval for IP address. I have a lot of legit users that sign up from AT&T cell phones that get flagged since I guess AT&T IP addresses get used for bot farms or something.

Thanks for the useful add-on:

1675096446973.png

It would be ideal if the email flag would also automatically reject registration.

I like to be able to reject on email address (since that's pretty unique) and require approval for IP address. I have a lot of legit users that sign up from AT&T cell phones that get flagged since I guess AT&T IP addresses get used for bot farms or something.

Thanks for the useful add-on:

View attachment 280811

It would be ideal if the email flag would also automatically reject registration.

This is a great idea, I've just updated it now :D

So in your case (with moderate set to 1 and reject set to 2), set it like this:

1675096597209.webp

Top Bottom